Question Win11 Professional vs. Enterprise. Which one is best ?

RosalindBarton

Oct 27, 2022
Hello,
is there any advantage/disadvantage for private usage?

I have the possibility to get both and have to decided now. Normally I would say, taking the better one (Enterprise), is the better choice ;)

Do you agree with that?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
There's not really a "best" option other than not using "home".

I use ENT just because it unlocks every possible option. Is it better than pro? *shrug*

I do tend to wipe things out and upgrade when there's a significant update as well to just keep things clean. There's no real reason to just keep stacking updates upon updates and taking up more space than needed.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Now I know it won't clear out 100% of everything but in case you didn't realize, you can run disk cleanup as admin and it will give you the option to delete old windows updates and also the saved previous version of Windows after a windows upgrade if that is on your PC.

See attached screenshot I posted below.

I use ENT just because it unlocks every possible option. Is it better than pro? *shrug*

I do tend to wipe things out and upgrade when there's a significant update as well to just keep things clean. There's no real reason to just keep stacking updates upon updates and taking up more space than needed.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    15 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mikeymikec

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012

Running "Cleanup system files" removes all old files. including the windows.old folder. No space wasted.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Not worried about the wasted space. Decluttering obsolete items is the goal as WU and other apps leave remnants. Very aware of disk cleanup and the system cleanup. It's just my preference to purge.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
god mode should make your life easier with finding common settings to adjust. It's a must on any windows install, past or the grotesque present.