Question Win10 laptop can't find printer, everything else can find it

KLC

Jun 30, 2007
First, apologies if this isn't the right forum. It's both hardware and software and seems to be a Win10 issue so I'm posting here.

I just bought a new HP color laserjet all in one printer. It's connected via ethernet cable through a desktop switch, then through house hardwires to my router. The Win7 PC next to it which is also hard wired to the router immediately found the printer and I've printed off of it. 2 iPhones, an iPad and a Macbook Air have also immediately found the printer and we've printed off all of these devices.

My wife has an HP Pavilion laptop running Win10 and it cannot find the printer. Going to Printers and Devices shows a list of printers without the new color laserjet. Choosing Add Printer makes the cursor spin for minutes until it shows a window with no detected printers. Trying to add the printer with the printer's IP address also fails to find it.

Right now I'm just going around in circles with this single device that can't find my new printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.