Win XP, very sluggish windows dragging/scrolling

h2sammo

Dec 12, 2000
Hello,

I had to chnage the mobo and reinstall XP, and when i turn the machine back on, all the windows move very slugggishly and scrolling is the same.
Also, when i wan to adjust the resolution, i am only given 2 options, 16 bit and 32 bit. Before, I was given several, including, high high 32, low 32, medium 32, and some others.
I thougt my GeForce4 MX 460 has something wrong with the driver, so i downloaded the driver again, and installedit, but the same result.
I have a 1600 athlon XP overclocked to 1.74 Ghz, so it should be more than plenty processing power to have smooth scrolling and windows dragging (like I did before i reinstalled windows).
The sluggishness is present even at the lowest resolution of 800 by 600, but more obvious at higher resolutions.

Pls somebody help me, I dont know what is wrong here...
Everything works fine, except all this sluggishness.

One more thing, where is my video card located in the device manager?... i cant seem to find it.

thx

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Actually that video card isn't the greatest in the world but it should not have much sluggish going on. What drivers are you using?

h2sammo

Dec 12, 2000
i downloaded the latest driver from nvidia site. whochever one they have under xp, geforce4, etc