Win 7 will not totally shut down PC

AnotherGuy

Dec 9, 2003
When i go to Start - Shutdown win 7 only turns off my HD and the monitor screen goes dark and i hear a "Tok" which seems like the HD goes off but all lights n fans of my PC remain on... I need to hold the pc power button down for 3-4 secs for it to completely shut off

Any1 else experiencing this?

Last edited:

AnotherGuy

Dec 9, 2003
My system is the 1 on the sig.... Asus P5k (P35 chipset). I didnt install any chipset drivers btw... coz everything shows as installed under device manager... 7 installed most of the drivers automatically... which was pretty cool.

Im gonna see if theres any win 7 chipset drivers from Asus

MStele

Sep 14, 2009
Asus has Win7 chipset drivers for P5K. I downloaded them just before installing Win7 on Thursday. The drivers might just be rebadged Vista drivers, considering its the same driver architexture, but in any case I have had no problems with Win7 in the least. Good luck. I'm using 64-bit btw.

AnotherGuy

Dec 9, 2003
Actually i got it... I had to go to the ieee1394 device in device manager right click it and then under power management i had to check the "allow this device to turn off to save energy" or smthn like that... and that fixed it