Willis Mcgahee to the Ravens

dbot

Jan 28, 2004
Bills just traded Mcgahee to the Ravens for a 3rd and 7th rounder this year, and a 3rd next year. Steal of the year for the ravens.

They might be better in 07 than in 06.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
What is up with teams trading decent-good players for pretty much next to nothing? First Jones from the Bears to Jets, now this. Seems as if they could have gotten a lot more.

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
is there a place to see all of the motion through the league with trades and free agents and such so far?

dbot

Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by: fLum0x
where is krunchy at when they get someone half decent on their team? :)

Yea, oh god. Now when I play him in Madden I'll have to deal with Mcgahee 100 times a month.

thetxstang

Sep 30, 2004
I still remember the night of the National Championship game, after that legendary incident, when his knee looked like that of a flamingo.

:disgust:

49erinnc

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2004
As a Bills fan, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the move. McGahee was starting to show a little wear/tear but is still a VERY solid RB with a lot of good days ahead of him. Not sure I agree with Marv on this one and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. McGahee has been one of the brighter spots on that offense. I agree that it's a great deal for Baltimore though.

leftyman

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: rnp614
But the guy can break some tackles.

and does a lot of dancing..I dont hate him or anything, but you dont know how many times he needed to gain a yard and ended up dancing for minus 2.

dbot

Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by: leftyman
Originally posted by: rnp614
But the guy can break some tackles.

and does a lot of dancing..I dont hate him or anything, but you dont know how many times he needed to gain a yard and ended up dancing for minus 2.

Yea, he pitty pats for 3 yards/carry

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
eh... i think it was pretty fair.. maybe slight edge to the ravens.. i think mcgahee is totally over rated.. 3.9 ypc?? gimmie a break... even jamal lewis had 3.6 yards per carry, and more total yards.. and more touchdowns! i'm not saying mcgahee isn't good.. he's decent.. but he's not great..

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Originally posted by: habib89
eh... i think it was pretty fair.. maybe slight edge to the ravens.. i think mcgahee is totally over rated.. 3.9 ypc?? gimmie a break... even jamal lewis had 3.6 yards per carry, and more total yards.. and more touchdowns! i'm not saying mcgahee isn't good.. he's decent.. but he's not great..

Agreed. McGahee is not very good....its a lateral trade at best.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: habib89

Seeing as how Lewis last season got more carries than Mcgahee had its not that surprising that Lewis had more total yards nor is it a surprised that Lewis got 3 more touch downs.

What surprises me is the Bills go out and sign a bunch of lineman to hopefully improve in an area that has sucked for the last 3 years running. Top 10 total sacks allowed. Then trade away a former #1 draft pick for 2 third round picks and 7th.

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
OMG Now the Ravens have the best Running back in the NFL on their team.......