Willie Nelson: Whatever Happened to Peace On Earth? No WMD Found

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
1-1-2004 New Willie Nelson Song Condemns War in Iraq

Nelson said his new song criticized the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq and those who thought it unpatriotic to speak out against the war.

The song opens with the line "How much oil is one human life worth?" and swings into the chorus: "Hell they won't lie to me/ Not on my own damn TV/ But how much is a liar's word worth/ And whatever happened to peace on earth?"

Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March saying that Saddam Hussein threatened U.S. security by possessing weapons of mass destruction, but no such weapons were found.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
1-1-2004 New Willie Nelson Song Condemns War in Iraq

Nelson said his new song criticized the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq and those who thought it unpatriotic to speak out against the war.

The song opens with the line "How much oil is one human life worth?" and swings into the chorus: "Hell they won't lie to me/ Not on my own damn TV/ But how much is a liar's word worth/ And whatever happened to peace on earth?"

Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in March saying that Saddam Hussein threatened U.S. security by possessing weapons of mass destruction, but no such weapons were found.

Back to the war for oil argument.. you guys just can't get away from that can you?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Please document where we are getting/taking Iraqi oil for ourselves.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Back to the war for oil argument.. you guys just can't get away from that can you?
Admittedly, Willie needs to take a page from the Bushies playbook. I hear the war against WMD argument has fallen out of favor as well.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

Ourselves? No and not just oil either, unless you're a wall street banker then I think you'll see some nice capital gains. I'll try and post exclusivly conservative opinions/links as I know you'll dismiss liberal crackpots.

War for oil... By president of Ludwig Von Mises Inst at auburn.

Then

Any movement serious about Iraqi self-determination must call not only for an end to Iraq's military occupation, but to its economic colonization as well. That means reversing the shock therapy reforms that US occupation chief Paul Bremer has fraudulently passed off as "reconstruction" and canceling all privatization contracts flowing from these reforms.

How can such an ambitious goal be achieved? Easy: by showing that Bremer's reforms were illegal to begin with. They clearly violate the international convention governing the behavior of occupying forces, the Hague Regulations of 1907 (the companion to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, both ratified by the United States), as well as the US Army's own code of war.

The Hague Regulations state that an occupying power must respect "unless absolutely prevented, the laws in force in the country." The Coalition Provisional Authority has shredded that simple rule with gleeful defiance. Iraq's Constitution outlaws the privatization of key state assets, and it bars foreigners from owning Iraqi firms. No plausible argument can be made that the CPA was "absolutely prevented" from respecting those laws, and yet two months ago, the CPA overturned them unilaterally.

On September 19, Bremer enacted the now-infamous Order 39. It announced that 200 Iraqi state companies would be privatized; decreed that foreign firms can retain 100 percent ownership of Iraqi banks, mines and factories; and allowed these firms to move 100 percent of their profits out of Iraq. The Economist declared the new rules a "capitalist dream."
Link

Case Study Iraq from spectrum

Conservative group links war for oil

and finally the NYT piece:
Translation: US corps will get assests for pennys on the dolllar and like HAL no open bidding I'd guess

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

No we're giving the Gas away to the Iraqi's for 25 cents a gallon while charging our own troops $3 a gallon.

Oh and right on cue as I said here a month ago that Gas would shoot up after the first of the year, it went up 20 cents overnight last night from $1.28 it's been for the last month to $1.48 at most Stations around here for regular unleaded.

No we certainly aren't "taking" the oil for our won reserves to lower prices.

I'm happy about this, I'd like the Gas to shoot up to all time new highs, let's say $3.50 a gallon so it will cost 100 bucks for everyone driving the massive SUV's to fill their tanks everytime.

This is good. :D