William Ayers and Prairie Fire

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alien42
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Just saw this story on Hannity and Colmes.. Barrack Hussein Obama has some rowdy friends.
do you use John McCains middle name? even rational Republicans have figured out that using Hussein or BHO means you are a bigot.

Why are they a bigot?? Even the fake copy of Obama's birth certificate that has been published by the Democrats has his middle name as Hussein. A simple Google search reveals this.

ModerateRepZero

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2006
1) as far as I know, Obama was acquainted with Ayers thru some organization/gathering

2) he has had little/no contact with Ayers aside from that period

3) he wasn't even 10 when Ayers was involved in the Weather Underground

4) WHO CARES ABOUT WHATEVER FLIMSY ASSOCIATION OBAMA EVER HAD WITH AYERS?
Jesus this McCarthyism all over again....

"let us not assault the lad any further...have you no sense of decency?"

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: Ozoned
Just saw this story on Hannity and Colmes.. Barrack Hussein Obama has some rowdy friends.

He knows how to use people. That could be a good thing.

Obama's friend Bill Ayers dedicates his book to Sirhan Sirhan the man that killed Kennedy... I don't see anything good that can come from this.

I don't know, it's managing to make you and the other usual hacks here look like idiots. Not that that's an impressive feat or anything, your foot-in-mouth disease is so prevalent from your constant kneejerking.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. Bill Ayers and the Weathermen were protesting the Vietnam War. RFK was running for President in 1968 on the platform that he would end the war. Sirhan Sirhan shot and killed RFK. Nixon got elected by a narrow margin and continued the war another 7 years.

So yeah, I'm sure they just loved the guy. :roll:

Vic,

Even to this day, Bill Ayers has shown his disrespect for America. In more recent interviews, he's stated that he never regrets anything he's done - and, potentially, wishes he had done more. Putting all comments aside from the McCain campaign against him, I'm kind of surprised that the guy can still walk the streets without having the shit knocked out of him. Look at the days that followed the events of 9/11. People were beating up people who wore turbans - no connection to the middle east, yet they were still targeted, singled out, and received a lot of blame from many citizens who perceived they were associated with the attacks on the U.S.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: T2T III
Originally posted by: XMan
Originally posted by: Rainsford
It's a blog. Point being? There are high resolution scans from Ayers' book. Are you saying the documents were forged?

WHO THE FUCK CARES? I don't care if it's forged or not, because Ayers isn't running for anything, I couldn't possibly care less what he did or did not do when it comes to deciding who I'm going to vote for.

You want to know why you guys are losing this election so badly? It's because you think THIS constitutes convincing campaigning.

If that's the case, why the attempts to link McCain to Keating, Palin to Pat Buchanan and the AIP . . . etc. etc. etc., ad nauseum?

For that matter, why in the hell was W's DUI 20 years ago such a huge deal, but the fact that Obama has admitted to cocaine use during the same time period is water under the bridge, nothing to see here, yadda yadda.

I can understand wanting to win, but I sure don't understand the blinders people are putting on around here about Obama, his past, and his associations. McCain wasn't my fifth, sixth, or even seventh choice, and I'll be the first to admit that the guy has serious warts, but it would take an act of God to have any of you guys give even an inch about Obama. And you wonder why some Republicans mock him as the Messiah?

Welcome to the Democrat "double standard". They feel that they can play by a different set of rules. Yet, if you're a Republican, they'll do everything they can to discredit you and the information you post about a candidate. This is a fact. Just read through the threads here, it's very easy to see. For any single Republican post, there are at least 10 Democrats who will jump on the response like a hungry jackal.

There's no double standard, you're just morons with delusions of victimhood.

McCain to Keating and Palin to the AIP probably wouldn't even come up if you guys didn't keep beating this dead Ayers horse every single day.

The rest of his complaints were just blatant partisan hypocrisy. Dems were saying the exact same things about Bush in 2000 and 2004 (and about their own fifth, sixth, or even seventh choice candidates those year), but that certainly didn't stop you guys from your Bush worship then, now did it? Of course not, because your team had the winning candidate then and you were sticking to him. Just like the Dems are doing now.

And here and now, every other thread is Obama bashing, but you can't even do it effectively or truthfully, it's never on the issues but always some vague irrelevant association, crazy accusation, or (like this one) some ridiculous stupidity, and then when the forum smacks you around for it just like they do techs or dmcowen674 for one of their stupid threads, you cry liberal bias! Wahh!!

Take your own advice. Get over it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Putting all comments aside from the McCain campaign against him, I'm kind of surprised that the guy can still walk the streets without having the shit knocked out of him.
Putting the comments aside the McCain campaign made against him to divert from discussing the issues nobody would even know who he was if he were walking down the street.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
It's the kitchen sink approach to negative campaigning, and it's not working.

Too bad, so sad.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Too bad, so sad.
Well we you can't talk up your own candidate you talk down the opponents.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ozoned

He knows how to use people. That could be a good thing.

Obama's friend Bill Ayers dedicates his book to Sirhan Sirhan the man that killed Kennedy... I don't see anything good that can come from this.

I don't know, it's managing to make you and the other usual hacks here look like idiots. Not that that's an impressive feat or anything, your foot-in-mouth disease is so prevalent from your constant kneejerking.

Here, I'll spell it out for you. Bill Ayers and the Weathermen were protesting the Vietnam War. RFK was running for President in 1968 on the platform that he would end the war. Sirhan Sirhan shot and killed RFK. Nixon got elected by a narrow margin and continued the war another 7 years.

So yeah, I'm sure they just loved the guy. :roll:

Vic,

Even to this day, Bill Ayers has shown his disrespect for America. In more recent interviews, he's stated that he never regrets anything he's done - and, potentially, wishes he had done more. Putting all comments aside from the McCain campaign against him, I'm kind of surprised that the guy can still walk the streets without having the shit knocked out of him. Look at the days that followed the events of 9/11. People were beating up people who wore turbans - no connection to the middle east, yet they were still targeted, singled out, and received a lot of blame from many citizens who perceived they were associated with the attacks on the U.S.

Hi, you didn't address a single word of my post, which was in regards to the OP and the rest of the wingnut crowd here being so ignorant of history of this period in America that they can actually believe the Weathermen would make a sincere book dedication to Sirhan Sirhan, the guy who shot their only hope for ending the war!

As for the rest of your post... hey, someone else already compared Ayers to McVeigh. Now you're pulling 9/11. Gee... how many people did Ayers' bombs kill?

Maybe if you guys actually looked into the truth behind the shit Rush & Co. spoonfeed you. You'd look less stupid. Like how Ayers said he wasn't sorry for trying to stop the war, and that they didn't do enough to stop the war... not that he thought they should have planted more bombs. He has apologized for that.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
do you use John McCains middle name? even rational Republicans have figured out that using Hussein or BHO means you are a bigot.

Why are they a bigot?? Even the fake copy of Obama's birth certificate that has been published by the Democrats has his middle name as Hussein. A simple Google search reveals this.
i did not say that his middle name was not Hussein. i will once again ask, do you use John McCains middle name?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Karl Rove asked why Mccain camp did not bring this stuff up earlier. Then he realized its because Mccain is shown to have stronger ties to these guys than Obama. Mccain actually raised money for these guys. Obama served on a bi partisan school board.
Maybe Mccain's camp didn?t quite want "and now, the rest of the story" exposed.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Well, the other problem for McCain is that he and Ayers share financial benefactors in Annenberg.

I'm telling ya, the book coming out next year about McCain's campaign is going to be titled "Throwing Rocks from Inside a Glass House."

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

i did not say that his middle name was not Hussein. i will once again ask, do you use John McCains middle name?

Because, when they print the names of criminals in newspapers, they always print the middle names.

Edit: Besides, how can you conclude just because they are using Obama's middle name that this is a racial issue? What if it were "Bob"? If they used it, would you still consider it racial?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Because, when they print the names of criminals in newspapers, they always print the middle names.
I'd b e more worried if his middle name was Wayne or Lee then.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Edit: Besides, how can you conclude just because they are using Obama's middle name that this is a racial issue? What if it were "Bob"? If they used it, would you still consider it racial?

If his middle name was Bob, Republicans wouldn't be using it all the time. THAT'S why it's an issue. It's not that anyone is (or should be) particularly offended by seeing Obama's middle name used all the time, it's that your intent is to be offensive.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Too bad, so sad.

Well, that would certainly explain all the BS put out by the BHO supporters. He's got nuthin' to recommend him.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: Rainsford
It's a blog. Point being? There are high resolution scans from Ayers' book. Are you saying the documents were forged?

WHO THE FUCK CARES? I don't care if it's forged or not, because Ayers isn't running for anything

Maybe Obama should pick better friends.

Ayers and Obama aren't "friends".

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Wait a minute I see what you're getting at... Obama knows Ayers, and so, by association, Obama shot Bobby Kennedy, and probably shot John as well. Got it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jman19
Wait a minute I see what you're getting at... Obama knows Ayers, and so, by association, Obama shot Bobby Kennedy, and probably shot John as well. Got it.
Outstanding, you've finally cracked the code of Republican logic:thumbsup:

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jman19
Outstanding, you've finally cracked the code of Republican logic:thumbsup:

Are you sure you didn't mean "Outstanding, you've finally gotten to the bottom of the code of the cracked Republican logic?"

That seems to be the tone of the Democrats and Independents around here. :D

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well, the other problem for McCain is that he and Ayers share financial benefactors in Annenberg.

I'm telling ya, the book coming out next year about McCain's campaign is going to be titled "Throwing Rocks from Inside a Glass House."

Will the prologue be written by the Democratic party? Or, will they be writing the subsequent editions to the book?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This thread is comedy gold.

Yes, yes it is. All the righties with their panties in a bunch.

Here's a clue guys: Those of us who have/are voting Obama don't give a flying fuck about your desperate reaching shit slinging with Ayers, Rezko, Wright, etc. It's tools like you guys that will be the downfall of your party. Enjoy it. We are.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Too bad, so sad.

Isn't that the truth? They've got a cranky hothead who's been getting a senior discount for a decade and an airhead beauty pageant fundie for candidates.

Obama has more experience than Palin but that doesn't matter because it's executive experience that counts! Well, unless you're talking about McCain. But that's not important because he's got a long track record as a maverick. Well, except for his recent history of doing 180's on his previous positions and poor decisions supporting GWB&Co to get the nomination.

Woofmeister

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2004
I'm voting for Obama and I still find his association with Ayers troubling. Not because I think Obama shares Ayers's pathetic and stupid beliefs, but because Obama was willing to work with an unapologetic terrorist when it suited his interests. The fact that Ayers is now an accepted figure in Chicago politics says a lot about where Obama comes from as well.

Let's face it, if McCain had these types of relationships with any right-wing terrorist, he'd never even have made it to the nomination.

In the end, Obama is simply smarter and more competent than McCain and that's why he's got my vote, but Obama is a very flawed package.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
# of McCain adds that mention Ayers = 200+?

# of Obama addes that mention Keating = 0 ( I haven't seen any, and here in Ohio we are getting flooded w/commercials)

Now do you see the difference? The guild by association game is being played by the GOP - not by the Dems. On a board like this, should you be surprised there is some pushback to this 3rd grade approach?

Ayers and Obama were in the same office building - in Chicago - Was it the Sears tower, or was it a 4 office suite? Just to make sure I have this straight - I'm now guilty by association of everyone that works in the same building I do?

If you want to be outraged at something, consider this. Ayers is a professor at a college in Illinois. He's on numerous boards/committee's that are influential in decisions made in education for the city of Chicago.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the people employing him. Is the president of Northwestern University, or the head of the Chicago Tribune company - bad people, or suffering from bad judgement because they also served on boards with Ayers?

IMO - McCain's association and ACTS involving the Keating scandal are 10X more relevant than any single mud-slinging accusation I've seen thrown at Obama, and the Dems have not once made that an issue in this campaign. That tells you all you need to know - don't give me the double standard BS, it's a weak crutch to stand on.