Will you see The Passion when it is released to theaters?

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Mel Brooks? Maybe. Mel Gibson? No.:p

<- Breaks out the sacramental wine

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Mel Brooks? Maybe. Mel Gibson? No.:p

<- Breaks out the sacramental wine

LOL. "I have eleven . . . <crash> err, ten Commandments!"

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
They played a 4-minute preview during church today. Half the congregation was in tears... and that was just from brief clips with no sound.

Yes, I will see it. It looks like it may be the greatest movie ever made about the greatest (true) story ever told.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
mrs. spamela & i can't wait to see it, although
i don't understand how aramaic, hebrew, and greek
help much.

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
The story of Jesus as told by the director of Braveheart? You bet!

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Text

So what... a lot of the first Christians were Jews. So some Jewish leaders at the time killed Jesus... whoopdeedoo and a kangaroo.

I prolly won't see it in theaters but I'll wait till it hits video.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I am Jewish and I might see this movie. But I have a serious problem how (according to sources, since Gibson is really trying to keep as much as possible under wraps) the movie keeps cutting to evil Jews who want nothing more than Jesus dead. Now, there is controversy over whether Jews were a main factor in the death of Jesus. My PERSONAL belief is that there are some Jews who nudged towards his death, but A) Not nearly all of them, just a couple and B) It was still the Romans who did the deed and wanted to. Vilifying all Jews for the POSSIBLE actions of a couple is just as bad as some of the blatant discrimination against Arab-Americans now, or Japanese-Americans out West during WWII.

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong :p

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: NakaNaka
I am Jewish and I might see this movie. But I have a serious problem how (according to sources, since Gibson is really trying to keep as much as possible under wraps) the movie keeps cutting to evil Jews who want nothing more than Jesus dead. Now, there is controversy over whether Jews were a main factor in the death of Jesus. My PERSONAL belief is that there are some Jews who nudged towards his death, but A) Not nearly all of them, just a couple and B) It was still the Romans who did the deed and wanted to. Vilifying all Jews for the POSSIBLE actions of a couple is just as bad as some of the blatant discrimination against Arab-Americans now, or Japanese-Americans out West during WWII.

That's the way I see it :)

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: NakaNaka

My concern is the selective pre-screening and the anti-semiticism the movie is already evoking (which, I'm sure, it probably isn't promoting or encouraging).

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Thats my concern too Spoon. I have heard that the "bad guy" of the movie are Jews who want to kill Jesus. More than just a couple conspiring with the Romans. Jews aren't well liked to begin with and I do actually believe that people are that dumb to go after a religion 2000 yrs after a couple people of that religion did something.

Fritoz

Dec 17, 1999
Would God put you on Double Secret Probation, if you pirated a movie starring his son...?

:D