Will this psu run my system with a 8800gt?

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, the Trio 550 offers more than enough power for your system, but depending on your Dell chassis you may have to do some modifications to get the psu to fit properly. You may also want to consider the Corsair VX550.

Marktoloba

Jan 9, 2005
what kind of modifications... and if u were to compare the 2. which would be better or last longer? i have a dimension 9200.

i want the better one bc they are pretty similar value, but id have to buy the one tonight bc the rebate ends today.

John

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The mods will be minor for that chassis. All you have to do is bend the tabs in the green area. You will also have a slight gap on the bottom. Overall both psu's are quality 80+ units, but the Corsair has better build quality and will run quieter.

learjet

Nov 24, 2007
I just bought today the thermaltek 500w psu. I installed it on my xps 410 dell computer. There is a little gap since the size doesnt match perfectly, but the screws fit perfect. Would this gap cause any problems or is it ok? Also, I will be installing the BFG 8800gt oc 512mb gfx card in a few days when it gets back. Will it support it?

Thanks
LR-jet