Sep 12, 2012

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Reactions: tweaker2 and iRONic

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think Moscow Mitch is craven enough to want to try and hang a default, and the subsequent ~6million jobs it would kill, around Biden's neck as the cost of getting back into power.

Team Treason will use every tool at it's disposal to maintain and gain power. They've never had an issue resorting to hostage tactics or negotiating in bad faith to run out the clock. At least with Trump out the number of tantrums has dropped >90%. Still, undermining confidence in our institutions and causing widespread harm, especially to Federal employees and contractors, is just the normal cost of doing business for these pod people. Ain't just elections they want to corrupt.

I do not envy the Dems, having to work with utter traitors who proudly give citizens the finger like they do. Must be maddening.

Last edited:

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Hopefully they will, world will not come to the end. We can't keep spending, it's time to cut all the social programs.
You know, if you were a staunch fiscal conservative the responsible thing to do would have been to cut the spending first, and then cut taxes.

But hey, not like GOP ever acted responsibly.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I do not envy the Dems, having to work with utter traitors who proudly give citizens the finger like they do. Must be maddening.

Worse still when the party is beset with internal divisions which are making it extremely difficult to get anything done in the legislature, making GOP victory more and more likely. If dems cannot unify, and that means basically right now, they are screwed.

Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hopefully they will, world will not come to the end. We can't keep spending, it's time to cut all the social programs.
I don't think you understand how fiscal and monetary policies work, lol. We can absolutely keep spending and we should. To do otherwise would be stupid.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You know, if you were a staunch fiscal conservative the responsible thing to do would have been to cut the spending first, and then cut taxes.

But hey, not like GOP ever acted responsibly.
What's interesting is people continually say this exact same thing despite decades and decades of evidence proving them entirely wrong.

Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I don't think you understand how fiscal and monetary policies work, lol. We can absolutely keep spending and we should. To do otherwise would be stupid.

Good vs. bad debt? The problem is we don't make many things in America anymore. It might be coming back to bite us.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Do you realize raising the debt ceiling covers debt that was already spent. Still can't see why that's a bad thing??

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Can we merge this thread with the other debt ceiling threads from the past?

You’d have to be really anti America to not pass the debt ceiling. My guess is that these rich senators with their millions of dollars in stocks and fruitful business ties will pass it with no problem. I do expect the faux outrage to happen though.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, republicans are just acting pissy over this. The memo is out because all of them have one and only one repeated over and over talking point or should I say parrot point. And that is.... DEMOCRATS REFUSE TO TALK WITH US SO WE REFUSE TO TALK WITH THEM.
Billy took my lollipop so I'm gonna take his.
Betty kicked me so I'm gonna kick her back.
That guy in the truck flipped me the bird so I flipped him.

Just imagine JUST IMAGINE the tax money we could save if republicans acted like adults. And god forbid actually did what the people want done. The polls show that people want free childcare for working mothers, polls show that students want free college, polls show that people want aggressive climate controls, and polls show that people are fed up with republicans screwing around in congress and never agreeing to anything outside of lowering billionaires taxes. And when I say FREE I mean easily paid-for by simply raising billionaires taxes. And yet come 2022 republicans will probably take back the house and senate and how stupid is THAT?

If congress actually did what the people want, oh what a wonderful world it word be. (Everybody sign along...)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Oh, please. This is just what the republicans do when there's a Democrat in office so they can show everyone how huge their throbbing fiscal conservative penises are. Your opinion is stupid and you should feel bad.
One thing we and the news media absolutely do not have to do is once again pretend to believe that Republicans give a shit about the deficit or the debt. They don't. They've proved it over and over again, let's just move on.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, republicans are just acting pissy over this. The memo is out because all of them have one and only one repeated over and over talking point or should I say parrot point. And that is.... DEMOCRATS REFUSE TO TALK WITH US SO WE REFUSE TO TALK WITH THEM.
Billy took my lollipop so I'm gonna take his.
Betty kicked me so I'm gonna kick her back.
That guy in the truck flipped me the bird so I flipped him.

Just imagine JUST IMAGINE the tax money we could save if republicans acted like adults. And god forbid actually did what the people want done. The polls show that people want free childcare for working mothers, polls show that students want free college, polls show that people want aggressive climate controls, and polls show that people are fed up with republicans screwing around in congress and never agreeing to anything outside of lowering billionaires taxes. And when I say FREE I mean easily paid-for by simply raising billionaires taxes. And yet come 2022 republicans will probably take back the house and senate and how stupid is THAT?

If congress actually did what the people want, oh what a wonderful world it word be. (Everybody sign along...)
Y'mean people generally want the government to do stuff that benefits the people versus giving out endless corporate handjobs handouts?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Do you find it odd that your first instinct is to hurt Americans while not even considering the option of taxing corporations more? I guess you are one of those profits over people kind of guy.

Reactions: dank69

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Gotta admit the whole Iron Dome fiasco is amusing.

Squad: we won’t raise the debt ceiling unless you cut funding for Iron Dome.

Pelosi: Done

Republicans: ZOMG!!! PELOSI JUST CAVED TO ANTISEMITIC RADICALS!! WHY DO DEMS WANT ISRAELIS TO DIE?

Dems: Oh hai! So much to unpack. Let’s begin…

A) Israel doesn’t need our $1B to keep the Dome fully funded and fully operational. It’s a largely symbolic gesture to punish them for illegal settlements and attacks on civilians

B) I mean, we’re still selling them arms and giving a ton of other military aid

C) YOU FUCKWADS WERE GOING TO VOTE AGAINST THE BUDGET BILL EVEN IF IT INCLUDED IRON DOME FUNDING!!!

D) Oh did we mention we’ll put the Iron Dome funding into a separate bill so Rs can vote for and Squad can vote against? So it’s guaranteed to pass anyway???

But hey, enjoy foaming at the mouth with your faux outrage for half a news cycle.

Reactions: rommelrommel

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Gotta admit the whole Iron Dome fiasco is amusing.

Squad: we won’t raise the debt ceiling unless you cut funding for Iron Dome.

Pelosi: Done

Republicans: ZOMG!!! PELOSI JUST CAVED TO ANTISEMITIC RADICALS!! WHY DO DEMS WANT ISRAELIS TO DIE?

Dems: Oh hai! So much to unpack. Let’s begin…

A) Israel doesn’t need our $1B to keep the Dome fully funded and fully operational. It’s a largely symbolic gesture to punish them for illegal settlements and attacks on civilians

B) I mean, we’re still selling them arms and giving a ton of other military aid

C) YOU FUCKWADS WERE GOING TO VOTE AGAINST THE BUDGET BILL EVEN IF IT INCLUDED IRON DOME FUNDING!!!

D) Oh did we mention we’ll put the Iron Dome funding into a separate bill so Rs can vote for and Squad can vote against? So it’s guaranteed to pass anyway???

But hey, enjoy foaming at the mouth with your faux outrage for half a news cycle.
Call their bluff and add it back if they will vote for the bill as is. Watch the subject immediately switch to some other made up red line.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I imagine Treasury is ready to mint a couple $1 Trillion coins if Moscow Mitch tries to force a debt default.