Will the Secret Service walk the yard with Donny boy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Seems so...

Trump furious over massive legal fees as investigations heat up: report
"I think he's so angry. All the things that he put in place ... all of a sudden are not there anymore"

View attachment 45168

According to a report from Business Insider, former president Donald Trump is growing increasingly furious over his mounting legal fees stemming from a multitude of lawsuits as well as state and federal investigations into his business dealings.

With reports of a special grand jury having been empaneled in New York City to hear evidence from prosecutors looking into the ex-president taxes and business dealings -- as well as civil suits filed against Trump and his family -- the one-term president has told aids that his legal bills are "such pain in the ass."

According to Business Insider, "The former president is reportedly frustrated with the investigations because of the possible legal peril they bring and the financial costs attached to them," quoting the Daily Beast reporting, "The former president is reportedly also worried that investigators could drag the case out for years."

During an interview on MSNBC on Saturday afternoon, former Trump Organization Executive Vice President Barbara Res told host Alex Witt, "I think he's so angry. All the things that he put in place, the things he put in place to get elected the first time and almost get elected the second time, both were unreasonably based, and all the other things, the attorney general and the kinds of -- the judges and all the things that he thought he had working for him all of a sudden are not there anymore. it's -- he can't avoid this. This happened and this is something he thought he could avoid."

Business Insider also is reporting, "Trump has still not paid [former New York Mayor Rudy] Giuliani for his work and instructed his aides not to pay the legal fees because he was upset that Giuliani had not done more to push back against his second impeachment that month."

Like many have said, the US was saved (for now) in part because Trump is stupid. He still believes being President is the same as being a CEO, and he didn't stop to think that the government and judiciary have zero obligation to remain loyal to him after he's out of office. You wonder if he'd have ever run for the presidency if he knew how it really worked.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Like many have said, the US was saved (for now) in part because Trump is stupid. He still believes being President is the same as being a CEO, and he didn't stop to think that the government and judiciary have zero obligation to remain loyal to him after he's out of office. You wonder if he'd have ever run for the presidency if he knew how it really worked.

Question answered.

There are no protocols for the Secret Service to protect Trump if he gets thrown in jail: security experts
Even though the Secret Service is charged with protecting former President Donald Trump even now that he's left office, the agency could in the future face a unique challenge if he's eventually convicted of a crime.

Huffington Post's S.V. Date asked some security experts about how the Secret Service would protect Trump if he lands behind bars and they doubted the agency had protocols in place for such a situation.

"This would be unprecedented," Jeffrey Robinson, co-author of the book, "Standing Next to History: An Agent's Life Inside the Secret Service," told Huffington Post. "It's going to present some very interesting circumstances."

National security attorney Bradley Moss, meanwhile, tells Huffington Post that President Joe Biden may get final say over how much protection Trump would get while serving a prison sentence.

"There is no precedent for this, so no one knows for certain the answer, and arguably President Biden gets final say over the extent of any USSS protection for his predecessor," he explains. "That said, it is likely former President Trump would maintain protection even if convicted and incarcerated due to his special status."

The Trump Organization is currently facing a criminal investigation from the New York Attorney General's Office, which is probing whether the former president lied about the value of his assets in financial filings to get preferential tax treatment.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Question answered.

There are no protocols for the Secret Service to protect Trump if he gets thrown in jail: security experts
Even though the Secret Service is charged with protecting former President Donald Trump even now that he's left office, the agency could in the future face a unique challenge if he's eventually convicted of a crime.

Huffington Post's S.V. Date asked some security experts about how the Secret Service would protect Trump if he lands behind bars and they doubted the agency had protocols in place for such a situation.

"This would be unprecedented," Jeffrey Robinson, co-author of the book, "Standing Next to History: An Agent's Life Inside the Secret Service," told Huffington Post. "It's going to present some very interesting circumstances."

National security attorney Bradley Moss, meanwhile, tells Huffington Post that President Joe Biden may get final say over how much protection Trump would get while serving a prison sentence.

"There is no precedent for this, so no one knows for certain the answer, and arguably President Biden gets final say over the extent of any USSS protection for his predecessor," he explains. "That said, it is likely former President Trump would maintain protection even if convicted and incarcerated due to his special status."

The Trump Organization is currently facing a criminal investigation from the New York Attorney General's Office, which is probing whether the former president lied about the value of his assets in financial filings to get preferential tax treatment.

That's what I thought. I suspect Biden would have some kind of Secret Service detail attached to Trump, as leaving him unguarded in prison would both look bad and likely end poorly. But nor would he give Trump all the trappings of the service since... well, Trump would be staying in one place, possibly for the rest of his life.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I don't agree with that final assessment, because I think there is greater danger in Trump remaining free than there is from any political backlash resulting from putting him in jail.

Unfortunately I do agree with the article that Trump is in fact unlikely to ever see the inside of a prison cell.
Yes. Our country would be better off with him in jail. If he isn't in jail by 2023 then we will re-live the same turmoil of the 2020 elections in 2024, and I strongly believe the Q base will mount an even more violent attack on the capitol if they don't get the outcome they want. The only way to stop it is to put Trump (justifiably) behind bars and force the Republican party to move on.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
While I really don't expect it to happen...I will laugh and laugh if it does.

1*aOcAHeId2pt9T7IiqdUO0g.jpeg

Reactions: UnklSnappy