Will someone help me figure out this Navy pay plan chart?

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
The question reads:

What is the lowest Federal civilian pay plan and grade you will accept? Please check http://www.opm.gov/oca/payrates/index.htm to view Federal pay rates. Convert Demonstration Project pay plans and grades to their General Schedule equivalent. Please click here to view a Demonstration Project Pay Plan Conversion Chart.

I want something in the 36 - 37,000 range but I cant figure it out.

The application says I need a pay plan and a grade.. what do I do?

Grade is a number between 1 - 9, pay plan is a two letter combo.. like GG, or WT

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
here ya go
not sure exactly what you're looking for but it looks like you may want to rank around a GS-7 or GS-8.. this is pay for civilian rankings for the new york area...

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
With the GS schedule, people were all kinda the same. Bachelor's degrees netted you a GS-5, bachelor's with honors or a masters netted you a GS-7 rating. It usually didn't even matter what field you were in.
With the Demonstration Project pay plan, your pay plan says something about what you are. I'm a DB-0855. DB means "Engineers & Scientists", and the 0855 means Electronics Engineer. I don't see DB on this chart, but I work for the Army not the Navy. Altho OPM governs both of us... wtf?

I'm guessing you are looking on usajobs.gov? Give me some more info and maybe I can help more.

SgtBuddy

Jun 2, 2001
You are looking for GS-10 pay if you have no time accumulated.

DGV I think, that is general pay, not locality specific