Will Smith's son in 'Karate Kid' remake?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/mo...karate-kid-remake.html

Will Smith's son Jaden Christopher Syre has reportedly been lined up to star in a remake of hit 1980s movie The Karate Kid.

The nine-year-old, who appeared alongside his father in The Pursuit of Happyness, will play the lead character Daniel Larusso, made famous by actor Ralph Macchio.

Sony Pictures has been in talks to make a modern version of the film, but it has not been indicated who would take the role of Mr Miyagi, played by the late Pat Morita.

Bosses have ruled out bringing back Macchio to the role of Larusso because they deem him too old to play the teenage martial artist.

The Karate Kid II was the highest grossing film in the trilogy, making £56 million at the box office in 1986.

jdini76

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2001
This is getting ridiculous!

Edit: "Bosses have ruled out bringing back Macchio to the role of Larusso because they deem him too old to play the teenage martial artist."

This statement makes me think its shens. Why would they even consider Macchio? If its a remake of the original and not a sequel?

Plus if they are looking for a teenager, why would they consider Jaden Smith who is 9 years old?

Nightfall

Golden Member
Nov 16, 1999
I wonder if this will be a racial film where white dudes will be picking on him and he will have to go win in that tournament. If Spike Lee directs it, you can bet it would be like that. :)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Oh c'mon. Ralph Macchio still looks way younger than 9-years old!

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
As long as it has Will Smith doing a remake of "You're the best... around... no one's ever gonna keep you down!!" then I'm in!!!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
hold on, they're taking a black kid and naming him Daniel LaRusso ?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
No More Kings "Sweep the Leg"

The music portion of the video takes forever to get going, but it is totally worth it if you're a KK fan.

Johnny did an interview in Maxim recently. He said he knew people would hate him but he sounded like such a cool guy IRL. He was glad he got to be the nice guy at the end by presenting Daniel-son the trophy.

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: RadiclDreamer
He cant act and im sure his son will be just as bad
If not shens as jdini76 mentions, the son will do as well as the father did justice to James West.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
I think i'd rather see him as Bruce Leroy; or Sho'nuff at least.