Will Romney swear oath of office on the Bible if he wins in November?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It's better than Obama using the Koran.

Bahzinga!

Well, even though he didn't, I wouldn't say it'd be better. It'd be equal. I do however wonder what will happen should we ever elect and atheist President. Wonder if he'll swear in on a copy of The Origin of Species.

Also, there's no H in bazinga. At least not in the way merchandising spells it for the show Big Bang Theory.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
This isn't even a good troll, though I suppose now you know what it's like to be part of the Obama is a Muslim crowd OP. Congrats I suppose.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
It's better than Obama using the Koran.

Bahzinga!

At least you took the thread where the OP obviously wanted to go. To a flame war. The original question wasn't serious enough to be the actual reason for this thread.

Sigh. The troll has been acknowledged, its all downhill from here.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
At least you took the thread where the OP obviously wanted to go. To a flame war. The original question wasn't serious enough to be the actual reason for this thread.

Sigh. The troll has been acknowledged, its all downhill from here.

I tried, trying to spice up these ridiculous threads with the usual left vs right shenanigans.

Also apparently my cyanogen modded SwiftKey setup got the best of me. The big bang theory is a very liberal show of which I do so enjoy. Much more than swamp people conservatives are so up in arms over.

/shrug

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Romney's critics think he'll swear the oath on The Book of Mormon.
Romney's supporters think he'll swear the oath on the Bible.

Obama's critics think he'll swear the oath on the Koran.
Obama's supporters think he'll swear the oath on the Bible.

Bottom line: Critics of either Obama or Romney are complete idiots on the question of what will the oath be sworn on.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Mormons are Christians.

I doubt many Christians would agree. There are some very huge differences between traditional Christianity and Mormonism.

Wikipedia:

Mormons believe in the Old and New Testaments, and the LDS Church uses the King James Bible as its official scriptural text of the Bible. While Mormons believe in the general accuracy of the modern day text of the Bible, they also believe that it is incomplete and contains errors.[38] In Mormon theology, many of these lost truths are restored in the Book of Mormon, which Mormons hold to be divine scripture and equal in authority to the Bible.[39]
The Mormon scriptural canon also includes a collection of revelations and writings contained in the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price

Mormons believe that Joseph Smith and subsequent church leaders could speak scripture "when moved upon by the Holy Ghost."[40] In addition, many Mormons believe that ancient prophets in other regions of the world received revelations that resulted in additional scriptures that have been lost and may, one day, be forthcoming.

Mormons believe in Jesus Christ as the literal firstborn Son of God and Messiah, his crucifixion as a conclusion of a sin offering, and subsequent resurrection.[50] However, Latter-day Saints (LDS) reject the ecumenical creeds and definition of the Trinity taught by the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Anglican Communion, and Trinitarian Protestantism,[51][52] and have been described as nontrinitarian and henotheistic.

Much of the Mormon belief system is oriented geographically around the North and South American continents. Mormons believe the people of the Book of Mormon lived in the western hemisphere, that Christ appeared in the western hemisphere after his death and resurrection, that the true faith was restored in upstate New York by Joseph Smith, that the Garden of Eden was located in North America, and that the New Jerusalem would be built in Missouri.

That is not even the really weird stuff they believe; golden plates, celestial wives, etc. There is a good reason Christians drove them from town to town as the ran west from civilization, ultimately Joseph Smith was murdered in jail by Christians.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
But I know both with swear their oaths on the Bible so it makes them look better. But Obama is worse for doing it.

Last edited:

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Nowhere in the Bible does it say you must tithe 10% of your gross income or you cannot get permission to enter a temple to perform secret Freemason rituals that allow you access to your own planet that you will rule over as a god with your celestial wife when you die.

Mormons are not Christians. Christians believe the way to salvation is through Jesus, not through the pocketbook.

Feb 10, 2000
Romney's critics think he'll swear the oath on The Book of Mormon.
Romney's supporters think he'll swear the oath on the Bible.

Obama's critics think he'll swear the oath on the Koran.
Obama's supporters think he'll swear the oath on the Bible.

Bottom line: Critics of either Obama or Romney are complete idiots on the question of what will the oath be sworn on.

Yeah, pretty much this. This thread is stupid.