Will Netflix work in the Philippines?

gurlytech1

Jan 30, 2017
I'm planning to move abroad and want to know if I can continue using my Netlfix account. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Netflix supported browsers.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/30081?ba=GSButtonClick&q=

Get Opera, and enable VPN, choose United States server.

Normally, your browser connects directly to websites, allowing websites to identify your IP address and its approximate location. With VPN, you connect to websites via a VPN server. As a result, your apparent location changes to the location of the server.

To enable VPN:

1. From the main menu, select Settings.
  2. Click Privacy & security on the sidebar.
  3. Under VPN, tick the Enable VPN checkbox.

Reactions: gurlytech1

techienista

Jan 30, 2017
I have to agree with mxnerd here. I lived out of the country last year for a missions program I was a part of, and a vpn was the only way I could stream netflix and other online services I enjoyed with no issue in the US. There are several out there, so you may want to do your research before you commit to one, but a vpn seems like a good route to go.

Reactions: gurlytech1

gurlytech1

Jan 30, 2017
I have to agree with mxnerd here. I lived out of the country last year for a missions program I was a part of, and a vpn was the only way I could stream netflix and other online services I enjoyed with no issue in the US. There are several out there, so you may want to do your research before you commit to one, but a vpn seems like a good route to go.
There is a lot to choose from! I did a little research and came across this, https://securethoughts.com/how-to-watch-netflix-outside-the-usa/. Do you have any experience with any of the ones mentioned?

Faslow

Jan 29, 2017
One way or another, you can watch Netflix by connecting to the American server via vpn. As far as I know, the Philippines government does not restrict usage of vpns. In such a manner, you can subscribe for any service you want. Of course, the choice depends on you, but I’d like to focus your attention on such features as the number of servers, the location of the servers, the speed connection, the type of encryption, the users’ feedback and possibility to accessing Netflix of course.

AbbyGirl

Jan 30, 2017
@gurlytech1 I don't have experience with any of those specifically, but they seem to know what they are talking about. Honestly I would avoid free VPNs because this is a case of you get what you pay for. Free VPNs may not be as secure or work as well.

gurlytech1

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks everyone for your responses! I'm sure that I'll be referring back to this thread should one of the options not work.