Will marijuana become as ubiquitous as alcohol?

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Imagine you're at a nice restaurant, take a toke out of crystal bong, before you are served a decadent appetizer of pop tarts and flamin hot cheetos

Reactions: KMFJD

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
or just get loaded in the parking lot before walking in. I'd love to be a budtender at a high end restaurant though, that would be dope.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I hope it becomes more and more common place for people who need the pain relief so they can stop having to spend loads of money on meds.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I hope it becomes more and more common place for people who need the pain relief so they can stop having to spend loads of money on meds.

this depends if you have insurance paying for your meds or not.

deustroop

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2010
Its almost the same now but i doubt totally similar popularity, eg, bars and public gatherings, since people go out to drink but tend to stay in to smoke.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I don't think so.

Alcohol can do few things MJ can never do vape or not.

1. Alcohol can be a refreshing drink- think beer, cocktail, etc. Alcohol goes hand in hand with fluid consumption.

2. Alcohol pairs with food very well. For some food it's almost a requirement. MJ sucks at this. Sure you get mad munchies after you get high, but you don't pair thc consumption with food.

This is subjective... that nauseous edibles taste awful. I can't stand the taste via edible, camping, or smoking.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Its almost the same now but i doubt totally similar popularity, eg, bars and public gatherings, since people go out to drink but tend to stay in to smoke.

have you ever been to a concert?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I don't think so, there's still a strong stigma against marijuana use. I will say that they either need to ban both or make both legal.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
The world will be safer if it does, since boozers are much more likely to get violent.

This is a common misconception. I know lots of murderers, serial killers, abusive people who liked to toke up. At most it just makes you dumber and do things like..post it on facebook video, it doesn't do anything for bad personality traits.

As non judgemental as I try to be about people who smoke pot (in non medical ways), they themselves make it hard to not be judgemental.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
This is a common misconception. I know lots of murderers, serial killers, abusive people who liked to toke up. At most it just makes you dumber and do things like..post it on facebook video, it doesn't do anything for bad personality traits.

As non judgemental as I try to be about people who smoke pot (in non medical ways), they themselves make it hard to not be judgemental.

"Likes to toke up" says nothing about the effect of weed, which generally is to relax a person.

The effect of alcohol is often quite different. It removes impulse control, which can lead to much more antisocial behavior than getting the munchies.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

I think he's mostly talking about while under the influence, not a correlation between vices and violence.

Reactions: DaveSimmons

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
"Likes to toke up" says nothing about the effect of weed, which generally is to relax a person.

The effect of alcohol is often quite different. It removes impulse control, which can lead to much more antisocial behavior than getting the munchies.
Exactly, you don't hear about stoned weed clinic fights but you sure as hell know about drunk bar fights.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I don't like any smoke in my face so I vote no. But I do hope the Feds get their act together and just legalize it.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
I'd be ok with vaping cannabis and edibles etc. inside restaurants. Smoke, hell no.

My downstairs smells like ass cause I was too lazy to keep walking out of my apartment complex every time I wanted a bowl this weekend after my E-cig with THC juice fell apart.

But yeah do wish it were treated the same as booze. Risk losing my job at any time. Quitting for now because I'm moving to TX next month where it isn't legal recreationally, and may get tested prior to being allowed on the project.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
In Georgia, one cannot drink at a restaurant before 12:30 PM on Sundays. That means the first 90 minutes are a very sobering experience. All because of thew f-ing bible-beaters.

Drinking before noon? Communion wine monooly?