will it burn on the way out????

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 6, 2007
Yeah 40000 is pretty weak even if you don't eat a lot of chilli.
No it isn't... Tabasco is around 3,000, and that's too hot for most people to drink straight. 40,000 will burn like wildfire if you don't cut it with something; that's why people don't generally pop cayenne peppers like candy. I eat a lot of spicy foods, and 40,000 is intimidating. Not as bad as habaneros, true (250,000), but habaneros have a good flavor; cayenne just tastes like burning.

It probably won't burn too badly coming out. It's only 450 mg... that's not very much. If you ate the whole bottle, yeah, you'd have some serious regrets, but I can't imagine you're going to get the sting ring too bad from a single cayenne pill.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
No it isn't... Tabasco is around 3,000, and that's too hot for most people to drink straight. 40,000 will burn like wildfire if you don't cut it with something; that's why people don't generally pop cayenne peppers like candy. I eat a lot of spicy foods, and 40,000 is intimidating. Not as bad as habaneros, true (250,000), but habaneros have a good flavor; cayenne just tastes like burning.

It probably won't burn too badly coming out. It's only 450 mg... that's not very much. If you ate the whole bottle, yeah, you'd have some serious regrets, but I can't imagine you're going to get the sting ring too bad from a single cayenne pill.

Half a gram of cayenne isnt much though. I'd agree if it was tablespoons of the stuff.

People find Tabasco sauce hot? It tastes of weak vinegar, even the left over juce in a can of jalapenos is hotter.

Feb 6, 2007
Half a gram of cayenne isnt much though. I'd agree if it was tablespoons of the stuff.

People find Tabasco sauce hot? It tastes of weak vinegar, even the left over juce in a can of jalapenos is hotter.
I know, right? Most of my friends are total wusses when it comes to spice, which sucks because I like my food to hurt a bit.

One of my friends tried to trick me at a bar a few years back. He ordered me a drink called a "prairie fire." Turns out it's just tequila with a fair amount of tabasco in it. I drank it, and he started laughing cause he thought I'd get sick or start screaming. Instead, I ordered another one. They're pretty tasty. He looked at me like I was nuts; apparently, he can't handle the heat.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I know, right? Most of my friends are total wusses when it comes to spice, which sucks because I like my food to hurt a bit.

One of my friends tried to trick me at a bar a few years back. He ordered me a drink called a "prairie fire." Turns out it's just tequila with a fair amount of tabasco in it. I drank it, and he started laughing cause he thought I'd get sick or start screaming. Instead, I ordered another one. They're pretty tasty. He looked at me like I was nuts; apparently, he can't handle the heat.

Now that sounds a far better way to ingest capsicum than the ops. :D