Will I get P67 Bios Support if I choose not to return the mobo?

HCHL

Nov 25, 2007
Like many of you, I just bought a ASUS P67 Pro.

If I choose not to exchange my mobo because I don't use any of the Sata II ports, will I still get any bios support moving forward?

I can live with the defective Sata II ports that I don't use or intend to use.

Last edited:

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
I don't know about ASUS, but I read that Gigabyte was ending their support of the faulty motherboards. I would expect ASUS to do the same. It's perhaps the main reason that I'm going to return my board when the new ones come out.

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
There are already 4 BIOS versions for the P8P67 Pro (I'm using 1053), and indications are that ASUS is working on BIOS 1302. Unlike Gigabyte, ASUS seems to be committed to continuing to support their P67 boards while the big recall is taking place.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2136820&page=7

That's good to know. Surely they're not going to devote any more resources to supporting these boards after the new models come out though. The relatively short period of time they've been selling coupled with the returns would make the user-base will be so small that it wouldn't make sense.

Unless, that is, the old boards will work with the same bios updates as the new ones. :hmm:

src1425

Mar 3, 2009
Unless, that is, the old boards will work with the same bios updates as the new ones. :hmm:

It's just a guess on my part, but that's what I'm figuring. The "new" boards will probably just be the same as before, except with a tweaked Cougar Point chip to eliminate or correct the leaky transistor behind this whole fiasco.