will Anandtech cover more Apple stuff & show bias now that Anand works for Apple?

will Anandtech cover more Apple stuff & show bias now that Anand works for Apple?

• yes

• no

• AMD forever

Results are only viewable after voting.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
It's only natural. Although, most of the stuff reviewed, or I generally read are computer components and not the whole computer or tablet itself so, I don't see it impacting anything..

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
They've already been covering everything Apple extensively for years now.

I always saw that as Anand appreciating the engineering Apple did. With him gone, someone else in charge of what articles are written and run, I actually think the amount of Apple coverage will go down.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
That depends if AMD's checks for the "AMD Center" continue to be good. I'd expect that whole section to disappear the first time one of those AMD checks bounces.

Then they can replace that section with an "Apple Center", or maybe an "NVidia Center" if they're the higher bidder.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
That depends if AMD's checks for the "AMD Center" continue to be good. I'd expect that whole section to disappear the first time one of those AMD checks bounces.

Then they can replace that section with an "Apple Center", or maybe an "NVidia Center" if they're the higher bidder.

You know, I never noticed there was even an AMD Center until you mentioned it and I had to go check. Honestly, what could that center even contain? Products with marginal performance for slightly marginal discounts? No thanks.

Bill Brasky

Diamond Member
May 18, 2006
Not a great poll at all!

You've connected two events into one answer...
- Will they cover more Apple stuff.
- Will they show more Apple bias.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
It's hard for them to show more apple love than they already had, that's like asking if water is suddenly going to be more wet.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
If I ever want to 'prove' apple products are better I point people towards anandtech articles.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Wouldn't he feed Anandtech reviews from in-house?

Although the question is poorly worded, it makes sense;

"Assuming Anand gives AT reviews from Apple(not unlikely), will these show bias(as most Apple reviews do)?"

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
AnandTech has been pro-Apple biased for a couple years now. Nothing new.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
If Apple stuff continues to be increasingly popular, they'd be stupid to not cover it.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I don't buy Apple products, it's not out of any sort of real hatred, they just don't offer me anything I'd want in a computer, phone or tablet. Tons of people do though and I don't see a problem with covering them like they do. They're technology, they sell like hotcakes and have a huge market.

I see Apple as the technology company for the mass market. What surprises me is how they are so popular with young people. That is all savvy marketing. I would of expected with younger people becoming more and more tech savvy that a PC and Android would be their dominant platform of choice, but nope, they go for the shiny chassis design and hipsters dancing on a white background. Who'd of thunk it ? :awe:

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
It's hard for them to show more apple love than they already had, that's like asking if water is suddenly going to be more wet.

Anand was the only one really grilling Apple for 1GB of RAM in their 64 bit iOS products. If anything with him gone they can slip through even MORE poor hardware values (Hello iPad Mini 3!) because no one is watching the henhouse.