Wikileaks: Classified CIA analysis on how get support for a war and ignore voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

2IRRC

Feb 22, 2010
The two best lines from the document:

Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters.
My personal favorite:

If domestic politics forces the Dutch to depart, politicians elsewhere might cite a precedent for
“listening to the voters.”
Link: http://file.wikileaks.org/file/cia-afghanistan.pdf

Oh gosh no! We can't have a Democratic nation actually acting like one. Whatever will we do?

Now I'm sure there are similar documents drafted by just about every security service in existence. However by no means does it make it right.

One can argue that this can be used domestically which would be outright illegal. Even if you ignore this the fact that they are using this to manipulate allies is enough.

I suppose they haven't learned anything from the Church and Pike Committee reports. Give an agency enough power and they will find a way to abuse it.

Oversight? I got your oversight right here.

Spreading Democracy in the Middle East indeed.

EDIT: I know I missed a word in the title but this forum won't let you edit it. Happens when you re-write the title a few times and can't see all of it at once.

Last edited:
dqqdk.gif

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
"Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters."

You needed a leaked CIA memo to figure this one out?

This statement applies to all politics, including the Democrats pushing health care reform through. Remember when President Obama stood behind the microphone telling the American people not to watch cable news, not to focus on the process, telling members of congress not to hold town-hall meetings? Both political parties do it, the party in power never wants the public engaged, the public always gets in the way of the parties doing what they want.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
"Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters."

You needed a leaked CIA memo to figure this one out?

This statement applies to all politics, including the Democrats pushing health care reform through. Remember when President Obama stood behind the microphone telling the American people not to watch cable news, not to focus on the process, telling members of congress not to hold town-hall meetings? Both political parties do it, the party in power never wants the public engaged, the public always gets in the way of the parties doing what they want.

He did? If you're so sure about that, link the vid or a transcript...

Or maybe you're just repeating what somebody else wants you to believe... seems highly likely...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

jabs at Fox news does not equate to President Obama standing behind the microphone telling the American people not to watch cable news.

As usual cubby you fail miserably!!

Status
Not open for further replies.