Wife is gone all weekend!

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So... we just moved into a new home.... boxes everywhere... some are computers... most are not... I know where the basics are... clothes (most of them), beer, TV/DVD remote, food (some of it... the rest will be easy to find once the smell gets stronger! :roll: )...

Update
Okay... Friday night is almost done... picked up the last load at the old place and brought it home and put it 'away' (read: in some empty space either in the garage or basement! :p ). Sat and swilled some ale while watching the Ottawa/Buffalo game... what a wild game! Buffalo coming back 5 times in the game, tying it with 10 seconds left in the game, and then winning it 35 seconds into OT! Woohoo! Did some coding... *stretch* YAWWWNNN! Time for bed or watch the Anaheim/Colorado game... hmmmm... also have FlightPlan and Crash sitting in Netflix envelopes here... bed maybe... decisions decisions decisions! lol....

Saturday Midday Report
Okay... up early to take one kid to SATs... then had to pick up the last load of stuff from the old place, take another kid to 'Green Up Day' (community service work tidying up the neighbourhood), and then headed to the dump and Home Depot... my new favourite toy store! Got a lawn mower, trimmer, cordless drill, drill bit and driver set, blah blah blah... got the mower home and couldn't put it together because it was broken, so had to haul it back to get a replacement... sat and watched Jodi Foster in Flightplan... don't bother... it was stupid... and shipped out the Dell Outlet PC... missed the first 2 periods of the Devils/Hurricanes game... surprised to find Carolina up 4-0! Now... I guess I should do some of the domestic stuff... at least a bit of it... lol...

Saturday Evening Report
Alright... cleaned 1/2 the garage, moved some shelved downstairs for the dry/canned food that we no longer have a pantry for... ordered chicken wings for dinner, sat and watched Crash with the kids (the one that won the Academy award or Oscar... can't remember which... a really difficult film to watch...), and then worked on the 'office'... set up shelving for the servers (stats server.... the dual Athlon MP1800, and the home server... Dell SC420 running a P4 3.2 HT chip), and then set up the two Optiplex P4-2.0 machines... onee is my main desktop machine, and the other is for the rest of them. So that's 4 machines in the basement and one in my daughter's room (Celeron 2.2g). Sitting idle are a pair of P4 2.8 HT and a Celeron 2.53... dunno how much more load I can put on this one outlet without it popping! Going to hit the hay... finish off the garage tomorrow and move the canned/dry food out of the kitchen into the basement to open up some cabinet space for the 10 still packed kitchen boxes! lol...

Sunday early afternoon update
ACK!!! She's coming home soon! lol... :p Computer office is set up (you see, she's just obtained her black belt in JKA Karate and has to write a thesis, so one of her 'requests' for the weekend was to have a PC set up for her when she get's back! :D Mission accomplished there! lol... And in about 1/2 hour, the garage (amazingly enough) will be tidied up enough of all the moving crap that we will actually be able to fit the van in there! woohooo... :) Assembled and tested the new lawnmmower... retrieved the last of the plants out of the garden of the old place... Gotta go ref three women's ice hockey games shortly... my daughter will be playing in one of those games...

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
I always favor the Andy approach when the wife is gone...drink more beer, the boxes will always be there tomorrow!!!

Slatz

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well... I do need to take a break from whatever I end up doing Friday night to watch my Sabres put some hurt on the Senators (hopefully!) :p

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
ROFL. Wife is gone until next Tuesday... Music gets turned up, the decent vodka flows, and I work on machines. :)

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Not having ever been married, I know what I'd do - and yes, it would include beer and the tv initially. But I'd say you should unpack some boxes too so you don't get caught later for not doing anything. ;) However, make sure you leave some computer boxes unpacked but obvious so she can't miss them - that way you'll look like you were really thinking of the two of you and not just yourself. :)

You don't need to mention that the unpacked computers were the slowest ones though. :D

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
lol... so far the overwhelming majority think I should be doing something else! Let's hear those ideas folks! :p

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Slatzman
I always favor the Andy approach when the wife is gone...drink more beer, the boxes will always be there tomorrow!!!

Slatz

Nicely put Slatz!! :D
Geoff, get plastered :beer:

I voted for #3, in case you're wondering :laugh:

Edit:
Is that fame or notoriety?? :confused:

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Hire a maid to come in while you're putting up the computer rack. You'll be a hero AND get what you want! :D

-jim

(p.s... You can tell I'm married.)

RobertE

May 14, 2005
Spend more time at the Dell outlet and get overnight shipping. Upgrade while the wifey is away. :)

Hiring a maid is a good idea too.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
hmmm,

Thursday er today lol
breakfast at a decent resteraunt, followed by a tour or cruise of a local bay, then time to unpack her stuff anf shared stuff etc.

Friday
its off to the sports bar to watch a game on the big screen and grab a bite to eat while your there, sports bars uually serve decent bbq wings lol and then its time to unpack the computers etc.

Saturday, visit the neighborhood sub/deli shop and the local park, afterward go see a decent flick at the movies, then its back to the house to set up the network and set up a romantic area for her return.

Sunday its boys day off, get the game fired up along with the grill, ice down the beer and kick your feet up for a job well done.

you can alter the schedule to fit your needs, you can add trips to the local computer shop for those things that were lost, or need replacing or that new gadget that would be so handy as well.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm with a lot of the others. Unpack some boxes (her/shared important stuff), get some of the PC farm going, then go have some fun! :D

Rinse. Repeat.

:D

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
PC's Beer-
PC's Beer Beer-
PC's Beer Beer Beer-
PC's Beer Beer Beer Beer-
PC's Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer-
etc.

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
1. jack off

2. Drink Beer

3. Play with computers until recovered from 1) above

4. Go to step 1

Anytime in the process ... order Pizza to replenish your body ...

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Hmmm, nothing new to say. ;)
I like the idea with maid though - and the PC-farm - and the romantic spot - and the sports bar - and the grill.
So I sit down and wait until all the lust for activity subsides.

:D

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
Unpack everything and put it all where it belongs. Throw the beer away. Clean the entire place. Fix anything around the house that needs fixing. Do laundry, dishes, dust and clean. Mow the lawn if you got it. Landscape, wash the car(s). Do the windows. Wait at the door for the wife to return and ask what you did all weekend.

<-pussy whipped.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: compudog
Unpack everything and put it all where it belongs. Throw the beer away. Clean the entire place. Fix anything around the house that needs fixing. Do laundry, dishes, dust and clean. Mow the lawn if you got it. Landscape, wash the car(s). Do the windows. Wait at the door for the wife to return and ask what you did all weekend.

<-pussy whipped.

rotflmao, thats the way it goes these days bro lol and I applaud the honesty :p

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: compudog
Unpack everything and put it all where it belongs. Throw the beer away. Clean the entire place. Fix anything around the house that needs fixing. Do laundry, dishes, dust and clean. Mow the lawn if you got it. Landscape, wash the car(s). Do the windows. [edited just for fun]

Call hooker. :Q

-jim

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Coquito
I'm coming over. Save a spot on the couch & the fridge. :)

EDIT: What do ya'll think. Machine I'm working on is almost done, so I'm at a loss of what to do next. Moding projects, or Guild Wars?

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Originally posted by: Coquito
I'm coming over. Save a spot on the couch & the fridge. :)

EDIT: What do ya'll think. Machine I'm working on is almost done, so I'm at a loss of what to do next. Moding projects, or Guild Wars?

Running low on cold cuts. Can you make a run? :p

winr

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: mondobyte
1. jack off

2. Drink Beer

3. Play with computers until recovered from 1) above

4. Go to step 1

Anytime in the process ... order Pizza to replenish your body ...

Oh my god................I cant quit laughing............

I cab barely type ha ha ha ha ha ha .,D, AG NHA HA HA ....

you made my day... ha ha I have had some depression going but I think you cured it..

ha ha I laughing like i used to ...i owe you big time

thank you nthyank you

i am serious!!! i nedded to snap out of my funk you know how it is azzhole friends, cheating girlfriend, etc, etc.

I am going to sh!tcan them as my dad says and get my life back:D

:)