Wierd Phone problems...

Platinum Member
May 7, 2003
Okay, continuing from this thread... I had the phone wire changed from outside the house (read previous thread). I got MCI to come out and take a look, and the guy actually got the 1st floor of the house working. I guess there are two lines, one goes to the first floor (this wire actually looks newer) and the other goes to the second and third floor (this thing looks ancient). Anyways, they are coming back on wednesday to try to fix the rest of the house. BTW, does anyone know or can estimate how much it would cost to rewire 2 jacks and install one new one? I have a feeling they are going to have to rewire it. Well onto what happened today, I decided I would take a 40 foot wire and connect it to the first floor and so I could use my computer. I plugged everything in as normal. When I picked up the phone in my room, I still got the terrible buzzing noise I had gotten before. I couldn't believe it so I checked everything. Then I thought why not try to unplug it from the surge protector. That fixed the problem! So my question is why would the surge protector do this? Thanks

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
Interference. I dunno. I'm no techy. I'm just trying to help your post out. lol