Wide area public wireless advice needed

ericb

Nov 11, 1999
Anyone have any experience with setting up a wide area wireless network. I need to find a vendor that will supply equipment and service to equip a 26 acre park (and 56 camp sites) with wireless internet service. It will be a pay service and we'd prefer having a third party setup and maintain it.

We basically want one like the bigger hotels are using. Any ideas?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
My rate is 225/hr for design & project management services and my contract guys are 125/hr.
:)

You may want to look at IBM global services.

letstalkcisco

Oct 13, 2005
We recently used the company Nomadix (http://www.nomadix.com) for a wireless internet gateway, but they mostly do setups for big hotels and so forth. Their equipment will even handle pay services and so forth. You might go to their website and ask them to contact you -- they'll probably put you in touch with a reseller in your area who would be able to provide you with a turnkey system of some sort.

I'd imagine for this deployment you'd have like 10 or more AP's in a fully meshed network with wireless backhaul to a gateway-type router (nomadix product probably) that then interfaces with your internet connection (T1's, right?). You could probably do the whole thing for $5k or thereabouts. Just a guess though.