Why women shouldn't drive.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
I've heard that quote more often in regards to senior citizen drivers than just women in general.

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
WTf?!??? I could understand if someone JUST got behind the wheel and is learning how to drive... otherwise that's just plain retarded and that person should NOT be driving. PERIOD! There is no argument here. If you confuse the GAS and BRAKE pedals, DO NOT DRIVE!

That is just pitiful. :|:|:|

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: zCypher
WTf?!??? I could understand if someone JUST got behind the wheel and is learning how to drive... otherwise that's just plain retarded and that person should NOT be driving. PERIOD! There is no argument here. If you confuse the GAS and BRAKE pedals, DO NOT DRIVE!

actually that happens more then you think. usually in young or really old people. they panic in a situtaion and it happens.

but this women just had a brain fart and messed up. hopefully she does lose it for a while.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
You guys are missing the silver lining in all this. Someone smashed up a corporate coffee shop (not Starbucks tho sadly). Is that really so bad? :D

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy

actually that happens more then you think. usually in young or really old people. they panic in a situtaion and it happens.

but this women just had a brain fart and messed up. hopefully she does lose it for a while.
I seriously hope you're dead wrong on this, cause that's just pathetically sad. I've never confused the pedals and I'm a new driver, also learning on a standard transmission not automatic so I have *GASP* 3 pedals to manage! Jeez, even my mom who's a typical woman can drive standard and not mess up the pedals (although I do think her driving sucks :p).

If people can mess them up that easily, THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE EXTENSIVE COURSES/LESSONS! Or, practice in deserted areas until they become excessivly comfortable driving and wouldn't make that kind of stupid mistake. Driving becomes and extremely dangerous activity when you have people doing sh!t like this...

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Fausto1
You guys are missing the silver lining in all this. Someone smashed up a corporate coffee shop (not Starbucks tho sadly). Is that really so bad? :D

Hey, given the requirements of sysadmins (frequent caffiene boosts and a box of donuts daily) I'd think you'd be more sympathetic to a catastrophe in our "second work environment" :D

- M4H

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Fausto1

Hey, given the requirements of sysadmins (frequent caffiene boosts and a box of donuts daily) I'd think you'd be more sympathetic to a catastrophe in our "second work environment" :D

- M4H
You, as a caffeine afficionado, should be better about supporting your locally-owned coffee roasters. ;)

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Women shouldn't drive for a great many number of reasons and this is yet another ;)

wondering if mrs. skoorb agrees with you.

oh btw, why is she mrs. skoorb?? doesn't she have her own identity?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
its from Roswell...
its not the chick's fault..aliens were prolly giving her an anal probe or somethin and she got distracted

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Roswell police Sgt. James McGee said the driver, a 41-year-old woman, was pulling into a front parking space at Caribou Coffee in the 900 block of Woodstock Road when she "accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake."

The gray SUV went into the glass windows to the right of the front door, McGee said.

Well that's probably the most "off road" that SUV has/will ever do
rolleye.gif

Confused

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Confused
Roswell police Sgt. James McGee said the driver, a 41-year-old woman, was pulling into a front parking space at Caribou Coffee in the 900 block of Woodstock Road when she "accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake."

The gray SUV went into the glass windows to the right of the front door, McGee said.

Well that's probably the most "off road" that SUV has/will ever do
rolleye.gif

Confused

prolly, hahaha. same thing happened here actually, well in the city 7 miles from here. it was an elderly man (woman?) that confused the gas/brake petal and ran into McDonald's. must've McSucked.

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
I still don't understand why women are such bad drivers. My mom is a bad driver. My girlfriend is a bad driver. Her sister is a bad driver. My exgirlfriend was a bad driver. Most of the times I've almost gotten into a car accident (through no fault of mine of course), it has been against female drivers. I don't get it. It isn't rocket science. Its just driving a car.

AgentEL

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
I saw something similar on the freeway.

I was stuck in traffic and happened to see a car (with a male driver) bump a station wagon in front of him. I think he was really startled because the guy (I assume) misses the break and instead hits the gas pedal causing his car to bump into the station wagon for a second time.

that's something you don't see everyday.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Women shouldn't drive for a great many number of reasons and this is yet another ;)
Yeah...if she was Canadian too, it'd be twice as bad! She probably would have taken out everyone on the block.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy

I seriously hope you're dead wrong on this, cause that's just pathetically sad. I've never confused the pedals and I'm a new driver, also learning on a standard transmission not automatic so I have *GASP* 3 pedals to manage! Jeez, even my mom who's a typical woman can drive standard and not mess up the pedals (although I do think her driving sucks :p).

If people can mess them up that easily, THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE EXTENSIVE COURSES/LESSONS! Or, practice in deserted areas until they become excessivly comfortable driving and wouldn't make that kind of stupid mistake. Driving becomes and extremely dangerous activity when you have people doing sh!t like this...
Ever driven with wet shoes and had your foot slip off the clutch? It would not be that hard to hit the brake and have your foot slip off onto the accelerator. Personally, I'm happy that the woman admitted the fault instead of making the usual (and asinine) claim that the car accelerated on its own.

ZV

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
Hmm that happened here about a month ago. Except it was a middle aged MAN who did it and seriously injured someone walking along the sidewalk infront of the store.