Why We Are Here (PIC)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Retard..."support our troops," then don't let them receive the supplies they need to survive. Fvcking retards...

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Seems the majority of Iraqi's are very happy we are there, lets hope we can turn rule over to them and get out of the way while those good feelings are still there...

It helps that we killed tens of thousands of Iraqis who were not happy about us being there.

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph

Seems the majority of Iraqi's are very happy we are there, lets hope we can turn rule over to them and get out of the way while those good feelings are still there...

It helps that we killed tens of thousands of Iraqis who were not happy about us being there.

Yeah it does, dumbass

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

And why is that, troll? Oh, I know. They would have been killed by Saddam if they hadn't fought back. The brave ones ran or surrendered.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

Then she shouldn't have been breaking the law

rolleye.gif

Most of the 500 demonstrators at the port were dispersed peacefully, but police fired at two gates when protesters refused to move and police said some of them threw rocks and bolts.

?We gave our dispersal order, we gave them an order, we gave them ample time to disperse,? said Oakland police spokeswoman Danielle Ashford. ?When we give our dispersal order, that?s pretty much it. (If) there are safety issues involved, that?s when we step in.?

?Oakland police are being the most aggressive of any department I?ve seen in the Bay Area since the war began,? said protester Damien McAnany, a database manager. ?The San Francisco Police Department never used any of this stuff against us.?

Go Oakland!

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

The fact that the vast majority of those Iraqis that weren't happy about us being there happened to be republican guard and fedayeen doesn't count for diddly does it? Why weren't they happy about it? Could it be because the knew that they could no longer plunder, abuse, and murder the regular citizens of Iraq? And if anyone here doesn't think that those things listed in the picture aren't the real reason we are there then you haven't been paying attention. A commitment was made after 9/11 to go after all terrorists and the countries that harbor and support them. Saddam just made the huge mistake of opening the first door for us. Bet this will make some of those other terrorist countries step back and maybe reevaluate their behaviour.

OptimisTech

Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: frankqfrank
looks photoshopped, although i like the sentiment of the photo Anyone agree or disagree? (with the photoshopped comment)

Yeah, definately. Just zoom in with any photo app and the pixel variations are obvious. You can still like it or not, but it's definately a fake.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
gotta love the pointing of guns at kids on #8.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Evadman

I have to agree this is poor rifle handling, but it is obvious that the kids are not threatened.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman

Well...wonder if the angle of the picture is misleading. His feet are pointing to the right.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Piano Man
Where's oil and power? If we are in Iraq because of those things listed in the picutre, we are teaching the world that slaughtering a foreign army while killing many civilians is the only way to get REVENGE. Even if Iraq had nothing to do with some of those things listed. Disturbing.

doesnt saddam kill more civilians in a month than we will ever kill in this war?

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
You don't understand why people (particularly children are dying). The number one cause is likely diarrheal illness secondary to poor water quality. In the absence of sanctions, Iraq would have much better water treatment . . . and possibly more easily discovered WMD. Malnutrition and lack of adequate medical facilities/drugs is next but the Oil for Food Program greatly reduced the morbidity/mortality . . . most of which occured during the aftermath of the Gulf War (started by Saddam ended by the US) and the damage inflicted upon Iraq by the Coalition. Unfortunately, the Oil for Food Program also allowed Saddam to build his lavish palaces, pay his cronies, and develop whatever WMD the country possesses.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Sorry if this is a repost:

Why we are here.

It amazes me how all the hopped up patriotic lunatics in this country can ascribe all acts of terrorism to Saddam, and use that for justification of a pre-emptive invasion of a soveriegn nation. Their is no connection, and certainly no proof that the events listed in this photo have anything to do with Iraq at all.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
You don't understand why people (particularly children are dying). The number one cause is likely diarrheal illness secondary to poor water quality. In the absence of sanctions, Iraq would have much better water treatment . . . and possibly more easily discovered WMD. Malnutrition and lack of adequate medical facilities/drugs is next but the Oil for Food Program greatly reduced the morbidity/mortality . . . most of which occured during the aftermath of the Gulf War (started by Saddam ended by the US) and the damage inflicted upon Iraq by the Coalition. Unfortunately, the Oil for Food Program also allowed Saddam to build his lavish palaces, pay his cronies, and develop whatever WMD the country possesses.
And, a lot of the food never made it to the people:

Food hoarding for troops

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: JImmyK
Ahh conjur and steell what educated and intelligent responses.

There is no justification for the loss of innocent life, be it for whatever reason.

http://www.banthebomb.org/magazine/hiroshim.htm

read something like that, helps put a anem and face with the 7,000,000 people we fire bombed and nuked

how can u make light of something so sad?

I guess we will never understand until it REALLY hits home.

we think 3,000 is bad? lets see what the future holds. My parents live in DC, if anything happens to them I will always blame us and nobody else in my heart.

You can blame yourself for whatever you like, as far as I am concerned, if anyone (or any group/nation) threatens me or mine, then I believe in eliminating the threat.

I actually used to think there was never a reason to kill another human being (when I was 19). I changed my opinion instantly the first time I was shot at. Now my philosophy is "Live and Let Live" , untill me or mine is threatened, then it is "Do whatever it takes to neutralize the threat"

I am not sad that The US used nuclear bombs on Japan, neither am I glad, it is just something that had to be done. Perhaps if you had to drag your best friends charred body out of an aircraft that had been hit with a mortar shell, or seen your friends tortured then killed, you might feel differently.

I guess you will not understand till you get older and much more experienced.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: steell

There is no justification for the loss of innocent life, be it for whatever reason.

read something like that, helps put a anem and face with the 7,000,000 people we fire bombed and nuked

we think 3,000 is bad? lets see what the future holds. My parents live in DC, if anything happens to them I will always blame us and nobody else in my heart.

You can blame yourself for whatever you like, as far as I am concerned, if anyone (or any group/nation) threatens me or mine, then I believe in eliminating the threat.

I actually used to think there was never a reason to kill another human being (when I was 19). I changed my opinion instantly the first time I was shot at. Now my philosophy is "Live and Let Live" , untill me or mine is threatened, then it is "Do whatever it takes to neutralize the threat"

I am not sad that The US used nuclear bombs on Japan, neither am I glad, it is just something that had to be done. Perhaps if you had to drag your best friends charred body out of an aircraft that had been hit with a mortar shell, or seen your friends tortured then killed, you might feel differently.

Or until you get so old and closed minded that you lose sight of objective reality and stick your head up your own ass.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Originally posted by: swifty3
Originally posted by: steell

Or until you get so old and closed minded that you lose sight of objective reality and stick your head up your own ass.

I think personal attacks are not only uncalled for, I believe they are prohibited (as stated at the top of the forum). And based on your posts, I really do not think you are qualified to instruct me on "Objective reality" :D