Why We Are Here (PIC)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
That's not why we're there. Well...maybe partly but it's a small part. Most of the items listed were attributed to Osama bin Laden, not Iraq and Hussein.

frankqfrank

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
looks photoshopped, although i like the sentiment of the photo

Anyone agree or disagree? (with the photoshopped comment)

WhiteKnight77

Mar 10, 2003
Check out the hands in the bottom of the picture, seems the one shown here wasn't made up. Why would 2 people take a pic of ship with nothing on it.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I wonder how long it will take the military to wipe out all the terrorism sponsored by Middle Eastern nations. May as well take care of all of them since we're over there.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: PipBoy
I wonder how long it will take the military to wipe out all the terrorism sponsored by Middle Eastern nations. May as well take care of all of them since we're over there.

We can't. We can invade a country and install a government that is favorable to us, but the general population that will hate us more and be even more driven to take action against us. The problem with terrorism is it isn't government run activity in most cases, and traditional warfare doesn't have much effect on a regular civilian who decides to take it into his own hands to attack us for religous or other reasons.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Insane3D

We can't. We can invade a country and install a government that is favorable to us, but the general population that will hate us more and be even more driven to take action against us. The problem with terrorism is it isn't government run activity in most cases, and traditional warfare doesn't have much effect on a regular civilian who decides to take it into his own hands to attack us for religous or other reasons.

Seems the majority of Iraqi's are very happy we are there, lets hope we can turn rule over to them and get out of the way while those good feelings are still there...

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: Insane3D

Seems the majority of Iraqi's are very happy we are there, lets hope we can turn rule over to them and get out of the way while those good feelings are still there...

I'm sure many are, but there are likely many who still resent us and may in the future decide to turn to terrorist activities to act on their dislike for us, and no amount of troops will weed them all out.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Well we have terrorists in our own country, Mc Veigh, but the conditions that lead to that type of thinking can be greatly eliminated. It's not as if we are tearing apart a society where everyone lived free of fear and was prosperous......

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: frankqfrank
looks photoshopped, although i like the sentiment of the photo

Anyone agree or disagree? (with the photoshopped comment)

looks photochopped to me too

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You all do know that us americans have caused the most deaths in world either directly or indirectly since the beginning of time? If thats the reason we are in iraq we better hide cause the whole worlds gonna be on our ASS!!

if you even care check out the 1994 U.S. Department of Energy document, in ww2 we were responsible for over 7,000,000 civilian deaths thats counting hiroshima and Nagasaki.

do you udnerstand that?

that is a MILLION!! times more then the combined total of people who are listed on the side of that boat.

War is ugly and fing disgusting lets not sugar coat witha chivalrous bravado.

Wars have been here since the beginning of "humanity", they have changed the face of the earth many times over, they are sadly part of life. But lets NEVER confuse ourselves into thinking that the killing of people can ever have ANY positive aspect or reason.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: JImmyK
You all do know that us americans have caused the most deaths in world either directly or indirectly since the beginning of time? If thats the reason we are in iraq we better hide cause the whole worlds gonna be on our ASS!!

if you even care check out the 1994 U.S. Department of Energy document, in ww2 we were responsible for over 7,000,000 civilian deaths thats counting hiroshima and Nagasaki.

do you udnerstand that?

that is a MILLION!! times more then the combined total of people who are listed on the side of that boat.

Wars have been here since the beginning of "humanity", they have changed the face of the earth many times over, they are sadly part of life. But lets NEVER confuse ourselves into thinking that the killing of people can ever have ANY positive aspect or reason.

uhhh....nah...too easy

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Why are we where? In the middle east, or in Iraq? I don't see what Iraq has to do with any of these acts listed.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001

do you udnerstand that?

Wow! I did not know we had records going back to the beginning of time!
rolleye.gif

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ahh conjur and steell what educated and intelligent responses.

There is no justification for the loss of innocent life, be it for whatever reason.

http://www.banthebomb.org/magazine/hiroshim.htm

read something like that, helps put a anem and face with the 7,000,000 people we fire bombed and nuked

how can u make light of something so sad?

I guess we will never understand until it REALLY hits home.

we think 3,000 is bad? lets see what the future holds. My parents live in DC, if anything happens to them I will always blame us and nobody else in my heart.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Ahh conjur and steell what educated and intelligent responses.

There is no justification for the loss of innocent life, be it for whatever reason.

http://www.banthebomb.org/magazine/hiroshim.htm

read something like that, helps put a anem and face with the 7,000,000 people we fire bombed and nuked

how can u make light of something so sad?

I guess we will never understand until it REALLY hits home.

we think 3,000 is bad? lets see what the future holds. My parents live in DC, if anything happens to them I will always blame us and nobody else in my heart.

Yes, war is heck but without cannons, guns, bombs, troops, tanks, etc. people like Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin would have gone unhindered. Think about that for a bit.

And, perhaps, there would still be slavery in the US

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Where's oil and power? If we are in Iraq because of those things listed in the picutre, we are teaching the world that slaughtering a foreign army while killing many civilians is the only way to get REVENGE. Even if Iraq had nothing to do with some of those things listed. Disturbing.