Why Vote?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Well not enough people voted in the last Presidential Primaries and we ended up with Bush and Gore to choose from.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Well not enough people voted in the last Presidential Primaries and we ended up with Bush and Gore to choose from.

That's right the money would have been behind McCain if he won the primaries.

Very important to vote I think for as close to a democracy as our constitution allows for. Otherwise it's just a monority dictating policy.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo

That's right the money would have been behind McCain if he won the primaries.

Very important to vote I think for as close to a democracy as our constitution allows for. Otherwise it's just a monority dictating policy.
I actu7ally registered as a Republican so I could vote for McCain in the CA Primary. I also wrote him in during the Main Election.

Mrpilot007

Jan 5, 2003
What would you say if someone said that they thought that only smart people should vote?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrpilot007
What would you say if someone said that they thought that only smart people should vote?
That would disenfranchise the whole Bible Belt!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn Well not enough people voted in the last Presidential Primaries and we ended up with Bush and Gore to choose from.
That's right the money would have been behind McCain if he won the primaries. Very important to vote I think for as close to a democracy as our constitution allows for. Otherwise it's just a monority dictating policy.
I actu7ally registered as a Republican so I could vote for McCain in the CA Primary. I also wrote him in during the Main Election.

I am a registered republican dispite what these neocons around here say about me.. Anyway I got this flyer in the mail from some conservative PAC basically calling him "the faag" candidate and all sorts of other bad things about him back in 2000. It was pretty sad to see the spin machines attacking such a great man. Bunch of ruthless spoiled rotten elitist brats some republicans are. We see them now in the white house dissing CIA agents who dare question them.

Edit: me too.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
That would disenfranchise the whole Bible Belt!
LOL! :D

I would say who decides who is smart and who is not?

And people should vote, if only because our ancestors fought and died and suffered thousands of years of oppression, tyranny, and slavery to win YOU the right to do so.
But when you do vote, please vote wisely.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

UnAmerican, unDemocratic comes to mind. How about dummies get 3/5 a vote like blacks once did? See the problem.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

UnAmerican, unDemocratic comes to mind. How about dummies get 3/5 a vote like blacks once did? See the problem.
No. Huh-uh, sorry.

:)

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Sometimes your vote feels pretty wothless. For example, I live in a very pro-NDP riding and when I voted tonight, I knew that my vote wouldn't change anything.

Now, if we had a proportional representation system, everyone's votes would actually count and many more people would vote.