Why the apology frenzy among conservatives....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
It was a terrible and hideous mistake to nuke Japan. It destroyed any sense that the United States could be trusted with the One Ring and was based on the assumption that the Japanese were monsters and not human beings exactly like Americans. No human being who is not a monster himself would nuke a city full of men women and children and only a monster wouldn't see the need to apologize for being equal in monstrosity. But it's the way of monsters to deny their own evil.

Would you prefer the Japanese people to be firebombed instead? Very easy to pass judgement when you view life through your rose colored bubble you live in.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Interesting.. Back around the 1776 period the English were upset that swamp fox was targeting the military leaders this did not set well to target officers for they were of the upper classs , Who lead in battle but the rules were . Kill soldiers not officers . We americans did away with that kind of warfare were the 1% actually get shot off their high horses. Now the 1% don't even go to war or their children their all cowards when its there blood but brave fighting men when its others who die fighting there wars . Anyone who thinks what Hitler did was the reason for the new state of Israel are crazy . Its not what history teaches happened in 1913

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Are you telling us our government hasn't apologized? I mean... if we're just seeing our own reflection then clearly Clinton and other state department officials weren't really condemning their fellow Americans for making a film.

Do you want the freaking quote?

Hehehehe sure, give me the quote. In the mean time let me apologize for the fact that America can breed the kind of idiots who would make such a film and the kind of idiots that think freedom of speech is under attack when free speech is used to apologize for them, the kind of dementia that is only transmitted from one weak mind to another in an altered reality.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
You ever read up on mohammed moonie. study the man . I didn't like the way the FACTS were presented but facts are facts. theology. I have been studing it hard sense 7 years of age . I don't know were I read it but the Romneys of england LOL came here in 1841 .. Now get this They came here to AMERICA as Mormons.. Joey smith started teaching in the 1840s . Yet Romney of england came to America as Mormons . LOL befor the Fact lol . Yes I know about the other mormons . But the story really didn't hide that fact .

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nuke was the most effective way of terminating the war.

Would you prefer to sow additional death on both sides for many more months? Talk about a monster.

Would you prefer the Japanese people to be firebombed instead? Very easy to pass judgement when you view life through your rose colored bubble you live in.

Oh man, here we go again. Think, you stupid bastards. Think.

A Bedouin wandered into the city and saw a public fountain and exclaimed, there are two things in life, dates and experience. That is not a date so it must be experience.

Ah shit, so so damn sad.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Why think - the liberals know best - they can spoon feed you their ideas and expect you to not question them.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Why think - the liberals know best - they can spoon feed you their ideas and expect you to not question them.

Why think when you're here to inform us that dropping atom bombs on Japan was the best way to end the war? Because, obviously, if you believe that statement to be true, it must be the truth. There's absolutely no possibility that there isn't a consensus among historians one way or the other on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_nagasaki#Debate_over_bombings

The role of the bombings in Japan's surrender and the US's ethical justification for them has been the subject of scholarly and popular debate for decades. J. Samuel Walker wrote in an April 2005 overview of recent historiography on the issue, "the controversy over the use of the bomb seems certain to continue." He wrote that "The fundamental issue that has divided scholars over a period of nearly four decades is whether the use of the bomb was necessary to achieve victory in the war in the Pacific on terms satisfactory to the United States."

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Scholars are not leaders; they are bean counters.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Scholars are not leaders; they are bean counters.

So now, 67 years later, it's leaders who are the ones who should be telling us whether dropping A-bombs on Japan was the best way to end the war?

Just like it's Dick Cheney and GW Bush who should be the ones telling us now, in 2012, if invading Iraq in 2003 was a good decision?

I predict your post is going to haunt you in quotes for a long, long time.

Edit: Or to put it another way: Here we have a quintessential example of the classic right-wing strategy that when confronted by an undeniable, inconvenient fact, fvck scholarship; strong beliefs are better.

Last edited: