Why the apology frenzy among conservatives....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One thing we can see is the terrible shame conservatives feel and project on liberals, their infinite and redounding shame for apologizing to America for Romney. They know everything there is to know about apologizing for the pathetic but because they can't see it in themselves they see it instead in others.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I don't understand it either, I think what Hillary said was stupid, but really we need to be talking about our future foreign policy plans and how we can physically exit the region while still participating in peaceful trade relations.

yes yes I know I have big ol spiels in another thread about this non-sense, but I truly don't care about it. Hillary is allowed to her opinion and as long as no action is taken against those responsible for the idiotic film all is well.

PS everyone should be absolutely happy McCain isn't in office right now. We'd have boots all over the fucking ME for humanitarian reasons. Arab Spring would have been 10 fold the blood bath.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I love your irony parody posts Moonie, I think they're the best! :thumbsup:

The transparent always assume that others are easy to see through. Careful, I see where you're going now but this will change it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't understand it either, I think what Hillary said was stupid, but really we need to be talking about our future foreign policy plans and how we can physically exit the region while still participating in peaceful trade relations.

yes yes I know I have big ol spiels in another thread about this non-sense, but I truly don't care about it. Hillary is allowed to her opinion and as long as no action is taken against those responsible for the idiotic film all is well.

PS everyone should be absolutely happy McCain isn't in office right now. We'd have boots all over the fucking ME for humanitarian reasons. Arab Spring would have been 10 fold the blood bath.

The conservative mind is a mind that lives in an altered reality and spends all its intelligence apologizing for it. This is why they see apologies everywhere they look. It's all they do themselves. They see others like them, folk trying to hide something that stinks and they think that makes those other folk stink. But all they smell is themselves. But the flies know the truth.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
No problem. I always try and enjoy things that bring me happiness, and reading your posts absolutely does.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
One thing we can see is the terrible shame conservatives feel and project on liberals, their infinite and redounding shame for apologizing to America for Romney. They know everything there is to know about apologizing for the pathetic but because they can't see it in themselves they see it instead in others.

Are you telling us our government hasn't apologized? I mean... if we're just seeing our own reflection then clearly Clinton and other state department officials weren't really condemning their fellow Americans for making a film.

Do you want the freaking quote?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I love your irony parody posts Moonie, I think they're the best! :thumbsup:

He is either a complete lunatic or he is a great troll. I am still on the fence about it - not sure if he believes what he types or if he is laughing loudly as he does. Just when I am sure he actually believes his own tripe, he posts in a way that makes me think he is simply a moderator allowed troll.

Hmmmm...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Are you telling us our government hasn't apologized? I mean... if we're just seeing our own reflection then clearly Clinton and other state department officials weren't really condemning their fellow Americans for making a film.

Um, this one?: Romney went on, "They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The conservative mind is a mind that is fearful, but fear is called a bad thing so denial of fear become a priority. That is why you find among conservatives what is called the cowboy mentality, a hyper masculinity cut off from feelings, the lonely sad long suffering individualist, a kind of masochistic inversion of what it means to be manly. Only girly men would ever apologize for anything. Sorry to have to tell you that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Please.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The conservative mind is a mind that is fearful, but fear is called a bad thing so denial of fear become a priority. That is why you find among conservatives what is called the cowboy mentality, a hyper masculinity cut off from feelings, the lonely sad long suffering individualist, a kind of masochistic inversion of what it means to be manly. Only girly men would ever apologize for anything. Sorry to have to tell you that.

I'm guessing you've never seen broke back mountain.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Time to stop burning Korans and start burning mosques, getting there anyway. Apologizing for people burning a book or making fun of that monkey god encourages their violence a LOT MORE than the burning and movie making. Muslims should be racially profiled at the airports not anyone else.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

I still want the quoted apology from Jaskalas.

I even said please.

I waited overnight, just to see if anybody could quote the actual "apology" issued by the Obama admin. Jaskalas offered, and yet no quote has been forthcoming.

The Right-wing-o-sphere is fairly ablaze with ranting & raving about this so-called apology, so I'd really like to see it, because I can't find it, anywhere.

Perhaps Obama's detractors are being mislead into believing that any such apology was ever issued.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I read the transcript (while listenening to the video) of Sec. of State Clinton's speech on the matter and I did not find any apologies.

IMO, there are times and places for apologies. The NATO bombing of civilians in error - apologies are certainly needed there (as well as restitution to the families and paying for a beautiful funeral service for each of the dead). The use of nuclear weapons in Japan in WW2 - no apologies should ever be given.

Basically, the government should apologize when the government did something wrong. When they did not, no apologies should be given. Definately none for someone making a movie.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It was a terrible and hideous mistake to nuke Japan. It destroyed any sense that the United States could be trusted with the One Ring and was based on the assumption that the Japanese were monsters and not human beings exactly like Americans. No human being who is not a monster himself would nuke a city full of men women and children and only a monster wouldn't see the need to apologize for being equal in monstrosity. But it's the way of monsters to deny their own evil.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Wow... without context the OP takes on a whole new meaning a few weeks later.

Right... this is about what occurred on September 11th, and not Romney....

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Is this a liberal fantasy or guilt conscience because Obama has not turned out as they excpected?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
It was a terrible and hideous mistake to nuke Japan. It destroyed any sense that the United States could be trusted with the One Ring and was based on the assumption that the Japanese were monsters and not human beings exactly like Americans. No human being who is not a monster himself would nuke a city full of men women and children and only a monster wouldn't see the need to apologize for being equal in monstrosity. But it's the way of monsters to deny their own evil.

Nuke was the most effective way of terminating the war.

Would you prefer to sow additional death on both sides for many more months? Talk about a monster.