Why Romney will not win the election

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
Forget party lines, forget the economy, this is why he will not win the election this fall

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/opinion/krugman-mitts-gray-areas.html?_r=1

Nails it - he's clearly hiding something which will not be well received if/when it comes out, and he'll get crushed in a debate if it gets to that point and he still hasn't released that info.

The fact that his father handled things, when running, in the complete opposite fashion, is the final nail.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
How is it that Romney is unelectable due to baseless allegations against him while Obama can never release his college transcripts or thesis and his supposed autobiography turns out to be a complete fabrication and that is no problem.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I think that what is personal money is busy doing is of very little interest to the public, unless it's funding the Taliban or drug lords. His obsession with secrecy is likely the result of belonging to a sect of Christianity that is viewed by many with suspicion and contempt. I see this as a total non-issue.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Why Romney will not win the election

Cause he's a carbon copy of Lurch from 2004.

When he spoke of ACA last week he came across as flat, emotionless, soulless. A cheap suit that everyone can see right through.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I despise Mittens, but really? ....

Yet obviously that’s something Mr. Romney doesn’t want to do. And unless he does reveal the truth about his investments, we can only assume that he’s hiding something seriously damaging.

:rolleyes: give me a break

When he spoke of ACA last week he came across as flat, emotionless, soulless. A cheap suit that everyone can see right through.

Well, he is flat, emotionless, and soulless, but that suit is not cheap buddy.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

This. Let's just hope he doesn't try to order a philly cheesesteak with swiss cheese lol. At least he earned his money, not like he just married two rich widows.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
How is it that Romney is unelectable due to baseless allegations against him while Obama can never release his college transcripts or thesis and his supposed autobiography turns out to be a complete fabrication and that is no problem.

Perhaps because all of the things you mentioned are, oh I don't know, completely different from info like tax returns and where his personal wealth comes from and is located.

I don't really care about Obama's college transcripts, thesis, or autobiography.. or about Romney's money, where he got it from, or where its kept... but to say that these things about each of them are somehow similar in terms of how we should judge them is totally absurd.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Perhaps because all of the things you mentioned are, oh I don't know, completely different from info like tax returns and where his personal wealth comes from and is located.

I don't really care about Obama's college transcripts, thesis, or autobiography.. or about Romney's money, where he got it from, or where its kept... but to say that these things about each of them are somehow similar in terms of how we should judge them is totally absurd.

They may be completely different in substance, but they are the same in regards to building a profile of the person.

Nov 29, 2006

That is how I perceive him. Cheap empty suit with no substance. He just comes across as a guy so rich he is so out of touch with 99 percent of America.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
There are many reasons why Romney will not win, but they boil down to this: he comes across as an asshole.

The more people get to know him, the less they like him. He's hanging on right now mostly because he's out of the public eye, and because it's summer and most people aren't paying attention. As soon as that changes, his favorables will drop. And so will his polling.

As I've been saying for a long time, this election is a repeat of 2004 in reverse: vulnerable president who will win re-election because the other party chose an overly-rich, unlikable, out-of-touch candidate not able to run a competent campaign.

Last edited:

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
if he's not hiding anything, then why not release the information?

The mere fact that he has money in offshore bank accounts - is going to drive away any undecided voters more than any other issue IMO.

Nov 30, 2006
Yes...he's clearly hiding something...if we only knew. Perhaps he invested in a business that kills baby seals...or maybe even kittens! I can see the headlines now...Mittens Kills Kittens!

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
They may be completely different in substance, but they are the same in regards to building a profile of the person.

That's fine, but then everyone should be concerned about both or neither.. not just one and discount the other.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

So how much money Romney has is more important that Obama's intelligence and integrity? :confused:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
if he's not hiding anything, then why not release the information?

The mere fact that he has money in offshore bank accounts - is going to drive away any undecided voters more than any other issue IMO.

How about you upload your bank info and tax return? Got something to hide?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Well, he is flat, emotionless, and soulless, but that suit is not cheap buddy.

I wouldn't be shocked if any of his suits cost more than any car I've ever owned. I can't quite compete with his income level to get a suit like that ... also I don't really like wearing suits.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
We all see what Obama was hiding not releasing his birth certificate for so long

Actually Obama released his birth certificate a very long time ago. The only reason he never released the long form one that racists (birthers) were clamoring about is because it was illegal for Hawaii to do so. They had to choose to ignore their own laws to release it because they wanted to shut up all the racists (birthers).

Have I mentioned that all birthers are 100% racist?

AustinInDallas

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2012
www.amitelerad.com
he wont win because he is mormon. I dont care that he is, but I think all the crazy religious people have more hate for non-"typical" Christians, then they do for black people

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Forget party lines, forget the economy, this is why he will not win the election this fall

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/opinion/krugman-mitts-gray-areas.html?_r=1

Nails it - he's clearly hiding something which will not be well received if/when it comes out, and he'll get crushed in a debate if it gets to that point and he still hasn't released that info.

The fact that his father handled things, when running, in the complete opposite fashion, is the final nail.

I did not read what the NYT thinks he id hiding but if this election is to be determined on who is hiding more than Romney is a shoo in. There is so much we don't know about obama and that which we do know is all bad.

The theme of this campaign and election is the economy. Obama has made a mess of it and Romney will fix it.