Why people are leaving the US

Sep 29, 2004
I thought it was a bit offa joke. I was joking about moving to Canada, but it's just a joke. Some people are actually leaving the country because Bush was re-elected! The logic is outstanding though. They even admit that it's not just Bush that is causing the move, but it is an important factor.

Some Say U.S. No Longer Feels Like Home

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Fewer & fewer democrats to vote for Hillary in '08. Ironic that the people who feel the most emotionally for this country, are also the first ones to turn their backs on this country.

Life will live on...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I can understand moving out of the Rube States for the sanity of New England but not moving out of the country. Of course these are just a minute handful of people although some of the more muddle minded Dinks on the far Right would like to portray them as a much larger group

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I can understand moving out of the Rube States for the sanity of New England but not moving out of the country. Of course these are just a minute handful of people although some of the more muddle minded Dinks on the far Right would like to portray them as a much larger group

The red states really aren't that bad, we have books, and the internet & stuff.

I think we're good unless Asscroft starts to cover up our statue's boobies.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There was a letter to the editor in today's paper where a woman said that those unhappy with the election shouldn't move to Canada - all that's needed is for 150,000 democrats to move to Ohio. She was serious.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

The red states really aren't that bad, we have books, and the internet & stuff.
Not all Red States are Rube States but all Rube States are Red States. I wouldn't consider Florida to be a Rube State.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: IHateMyJob2004
I thought it was a bit offa joke. I was joking about moving to Canada, but it's just a joke. Some people are actually leaving the country because Bush was re-elected! The logic is outstanding though. They even admit that it's not just Bush that is causing the move, but it is an important factor.

Some Say U.S. No Longer Feels Like Home

"We were leaving anyhow, mostly because we want to start a family and we don't feel our children can get a decent education in the United States," said Brian Sinicki, of Laramie, Wyo.

He said America's schools fail children by not teaching subjects like philosophy and civics, subjects that he said would give Americans not only a deeper understanding of the world, but an appreciation for why they should be more actively involved in the political process, not only voting but staying informed.
===========================================================
In other words, intelligent people are fed up with the growing number of uninformed sheep that rule the roost.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: mboy
Don't let my American flag hit ya in the ass on the way out!

From somebody who doubtless could be so struck from any direction.