Why oh why...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Stevens won by 3500 votes....???

Fine, Alaska likes being the laughing stock of America, good for them. Maybe they'll finally secede and we can stop sending them cash

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Throckmorton

Fine, Alaska likes being the laughing stock of America, good for them. Maybe they'll finally secede and we can stop sending them cash

ummm.... we need their oil silly

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
He's getting so many votes for the same reason that Al Jefferson from here in New Orleans got so many votes. He is under indictment and had the National Guard run him to his house the day after Katrina so he could pull 80,000 from his freezer and grab his laptops before the feds could.

At the end of the day people don't give a shit how dirty you are. Especially here in New Orleans where so many black people turned out to vote for Obama they went ahead and voted for Jefferson as well based on the color of his skin and not what he has actually done in office.

I can understand that logic with Obama even if he weren't a great candidate which he was just on the historic importance of the situation, but I can't understand it with Jefferson.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Deudalus
He's getting so many votes for the same reason that Al Jefferson from here in New Orleans got so many votes. He is under indictment and had the National Guard run him to his house the day after Katrina so he could pull 80,000 from his freezer and grab his laptops before the feds could.

At the end of the day people don't give a shit how dirty you are. Especially here in New Orleans where so many black people turned out to vote for Obama they went ahead and voted for Jefferson as well based on the color of his skin and not what he has actually done in office.
I can understand that logic with Obama even if he weren't a great candidate which he was just on the historic importance of the situation, but I can't understand it with Jefferson.

So you're saying everyone in Alaska voted for Stevens because he is white? I love how when the white felon wins it's the power of incumbency, or that the voters are just voting for the Republican candidate, whatever. When the exact same situation (actually less bad, as Jefferson isn't convicted yet) happens with a black guy, it's because all the darkies are so damn racist that they just vote for people based on skin color.

Classy.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: evident

Oil is cheap now. They can keep theirs.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Originally posted by: evident

Oil is cheap now. They can keep theirs.

Deudalus

Golden Member
Jan 16, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy
So you're saying everyone in Alaska voted for Stevens because he is white? I love how when the white felon wins it's the power of incumbency, or that the voters are just voting for the Republican candidate, whatever. When the exact same situation (actually less bad, as Jefferson isn't convicted yet) happens with a black guy, it's because all the darkies are so damn racist that they just vote for people based on skin color.

Classy.

I'm saying Alaskans voted for Stevens because he is an incumbent, because he is a Republican which the vast majority of Alaskans are, and yes because he is white.

You might say Jefferson isn't convicted yet but what he has done, especially immediately after Katrina, should have him locked up and thrown away the keys.

You have to admit that a lot of black people turned out to vote last night because a black guy was running. Everyone agrees with that including Obama, McCain, various black leaders, pundits, and virtually anyone with half a brain.

They aren't going to show up en masse to vote one black guy in and at the same time vote a white girl in to replace another black guy. I know this from common sense and due to the fact I actually live here unlike you.

Hell, if you want to argue THIS FUCKING FACT then argue it with the future felon Congressman Jefferson because he said the same thing..........

Jefferson easily tops Moreno in Democratic primary

06:42 AM CST on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WWLTV.com

Indicted U.S. Rep. William Jefferson lived to fight another day as he easily defeated political neophyte Helena Moreno to win the Democratic primary, bolstered no doubt by a large, Obama-bolstered African-American turnout in his Congressional District.

Jefferson, who still faces a trial on bribery and money laundering charges, acknowledged Obama?s influence on voters and the fact that it probably helped him secure a win.

?I think it?s an extraordinary help,? he said early in the day. Jefferson must still defeat a Republican challenger in a December general election.

Jefferson had an answer to people he said would wonder how he continues to get re-elected despite his troubles.

Game set match.

Thus is the difference between you and me. I would love to see Stevens in jail because he is a felon. But unlike you I would also love to see Jefferson in jail because he is going to be a felon very soon.

I'm not playing for a "team" where as you are which throws all common sense, credibility, and frankly any type of realistic debate out of the window because you are a hypocritical douche bag.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Retardation, as is Bachmann's reelection in Minnesota.

And Jean Schmidt won again.

Anyways, Palins path to the Senate is clear.

why would Palin want to go to the senate?

that's as retarded as saying Hillary wanted to be the VP.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Looks like palin is not an anomaly in alaska. I think we need to build a fence...

I think the British beat us to it. They call it "Canada."

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: MikeyLSU
I don't think they are voting for Stephens but rather they are voting for the unknown that Palin will appoint to the seat over the Dem.

They are a very conservative state and just don't want the Dem in office. They know Stephens will not hold the seat.

Palin can not appoint some to the seat, it will be a special election.