Question Why is this, that Apple just gives 5 GB of iCloud storage?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Khanan

Aug 27, 2017
They want you to buy the 1$ extra package, tbh I don’t care. But with Android google drive has more than enough space without buying anything.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
They want you to buy the 1$ extra package, tbh I don’t care. But with Android google drive has more than enough space without buying anything.

You'd think so, but my household maxed out on Google Drive's free 15GB... and almost exclusively because of Gmail. We had to get the base One tier just so that Gmail wouldn't keep threatening to stop incoming email.

Apple is stingier, to be sure, but Google has no qualms about nudging you toward its paid storage.

Reactions: Khanan

Khanan

Aug 27, 2017
You'd think so, but my household maxed out on Google Drive's free 15GB... and almost exclusively because of Gmail. We had to get the base One tier just so that Gmail wouldn't keep threatening to stop incoming email.

Apple is stingier, to be sure, but Google has no qualms about nudging you toward its paid storage.
At least you get some nice starting amount with google, with Apple that’s 5 GB and you really have to pay up and get the 50 gig package. (Or was it 10? I only remember it wasn’t enough for me)