----- Why is Subway's parent company called Doctor's Associates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Two things:

1. Its a subway store. Why would the company that owns them be called doctors assoiciates? Was it a group of doctors that bought the subway chain?

2. YES, this is a pretty useless question. No it will not change mankind for the better by me asking.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Why do people never complete a thread title and expect everyone to view the thread to see WTF they are talking about? There are summaries for a reason you poopie-heads!

<edit>
Thanks for making the title complete! I willt ake you off my crap list :)
</edit>

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Tick
Even with the fixxed topic I'm still lost. WTF are you asking and why?

The name of the company that owns subway is called doctors associated, Inc. I just thought it was odd. I'd expect something like SubFoods Inc. or something.

ATF is the perfect place to ask the meaningless questions or get the answer, or flamed.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
From the website:

Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck team up to open their first submarine sandwich shop in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Originally called "Pete's Super Submarines", they sell 312 sandwiches the first day.
The average cost of a sub was between 49 cents and 69 cents.

Fred starts driving his VW Beetle 100 miles to and from the regional produce market to personally purchase fresh vegetables and deliver them to each of his sandwich shops.

And:

Fred and Dr. Buck form Doctor's Associates Inc. The name is derived from Dr. Buck, who holds a Ph.D., and the fact that Fred hoped to make enough money in the sandwich business to pay his college tuition and become a medical doctor

imported_Tick

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: thatsright
Originally posted by: Tick
Even with the fixxed topic I'm still lost. WTF are you asking and why?

The name of the company that owns subway is called doctors associated, Inc. I just thought it was odd. I'd expect something like SubFoods Inc. or something.

ATF is the perfect place to ask the meaningless questions or get the answer, or flamed.

The correct name is ATOT, or AT, and further, why don't you use teh intraweb if you want to get answers to questions no one knows the answers to, and that no one else cares about?

itis4

Feb 26, 2016
Two things:

1. Its a subway store. Why would the company that owns them be called doctors assoiciates? Was it a group of doctors that bought the subway chain?

2. YES, this is a pretty useless question. No it will not change mankind for the better by me asking.

Thank you for asking it. I am appalled at the attacks on the poster, and the lack of Moderation which should have removed all but two of them, and perhaps boiled these people in Subway oil.

I am also appalled at the abuse of words where the meaning of those words is completely distorted, even completely unrelated. If one reads, "Doctors Associates" then that hardly conveys "sandwich shop."

The only reason I registered was because I came upon the website having discovered this Subway - Doctor's Associates connection and was doing a search. Then found these taunting responses. Not a nice group, or even, it would seem, an intelligent one. But perhaps this explains why the internet, and computer applications have gone from a level of excellence, to crap.

---

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. I locked the thread because the previous reply was ten years ago.

Our members refer to such posts as "necro" posts, and some of them tend to post replies ranging from sarcastic to hostile, including possible accusations of spamming, whether warranted or not.

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Thank you for asking it. I am appalled at the attacks on the poster, and the lack of Moderation which should have removed all but two of them, and perhaps boiled these people in Subway oil.

I am also appalled at the abuse of words where the meaning of those words is completely distorted, even completely unrelated. If one reads, "Doctors Associates" then that hardly conveys "sandwich shop."

The only reason I registered was because I came upon the website having discovered this Subway - Doctor's Associates connection and was doing a search. Then found these taunting responses. Not a nice group, or even, it would seem, an intelligent one. But perhaps this explains why the internet, and computer applications have gone from a level of excellence, to crap.

excellent spam necro. will read again. Your righteous indignation will go far here

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Wikipedia explains the company name. Yet someone came to ATOT to research the question? How random.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
maybe it's the OP, having stopped posting 10 years ago because they were so offended by 2 very mild responses. Never could live it down, though.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.