Why is our Commander-In-Chief on vacation during this time of WAR?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Why is Bush on some la la la Texas Ranch for a month while his troops are dying daily in a fully-branded war?

Bush has taken more vacation than any other President in history, and worse, during wartime.

A reminder that back in May on the aircraft carrier, Bush only said the end to "heavy combat" was over, not the War itself. This does not excuse him for vacation.

I guess it just shows that he's nothing but a figurehead, apparently.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
You do realize he works from his ranch right?

he probably does more work in a day on vacation than you do in your regular job,

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Why is Bush on some la la la Texas Ranch for a month while his troops are dying daily in a fully-branded war?

Bush has taken more vacation than any other President in history, and worse, during wartime.

A reminder that back in May on the aircraft carrier, Bush only said the end to "heavy combat" was over, not the War itself. This does not excuse him for vacation.

I guess it just shows that he's nothing but a figurehead, apparently.

You do realize that even though he is in Texas there is a guy following him around everywhere with the briefcase full of nuclear launch codes? Unlike you and I when the President goes on "vacation" he is still President and working. If anything of sufficient importance occurs that requires more attention than can be given in Texas he can be in Washington in a matter of hours.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come toward the light, so that his works might not be exposed. But whoever lives the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be clearly seen as done in G_d.î --Jn 3:20-

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

he probably does more work in a day on vacation than you do in your regular job,

^^

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Next time you post something, trim down the selective reasoning. Just about everyone in his admin has stated it's technically a 'working vacation,' and as he himself has stated in the past, "Remember, I'm just switching offices." You sure about him taking more vacations than any other president? If so, a link or some type of proof would be nice.
I would think retreating to a remote location during a time of war would be a good idea for a state head, you know, that whole security thing. There have been some very recent warnings on the possibilty of more hijacked airline attacks, I think if the AirForce had to shoot down a passenger liner, they'd rather do it over the Texas desert than metropolitan D.C.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
It's not without precedent. FDR spent a lot of time at Hot Springs, GA during WWII. However it doesn't make it right. Bush should be in D.C.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Think of all the macho photo opps from Crawford: Clearing brush like a tough-guy - ooooh. Driving around the ranch perimiter in his Ford "Super Duty" - ooooh, product shot. Numerous opps to wear cool cowboy hat while opining on world politics. Yeah baby, yeah.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
It's not without precedent. FDR spent a lot of time at Hot Springs, GA during WWII. However it doesn't make it right. Bush should be in D.C.
Wow UQ, you and I are on the same page for a change; feels kinda nice when distant paths cross. :)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Think of all the macho photo opps from Crawford: Clearing brush like a tough-guy - ooooh. Driving around the ranch perimiter in his Ford "Super Duty" - ooooh, product shot. Numerous opps to wear cool cowboy hat while opining on world politics. Yeah baby, yeah.

:D that's funny.

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
Just FYI:
link
A CBS News tally shows this is Bush's 26th presidential trip to Crawford. He has spent all or part of 166 days at the ranch or en route -- the equivalent of 51/2 months. When Bush's trips to Camp David and Kennebunkport, Maine, are added, according to the CBS figures, Bush has spent 250 full or partial days at his getaway spots -- 27 percent of his presidency so far.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
That figures into the Bush 24/7 plan: 24 hours a week, 7 months per year.

heh heh! true that!

and great link, jayhawkin, thanx bud!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Maybe there's intelligence that Iraqi bombers are going for the White House and it will make a great excuse to attack Iran.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Please God, let Bush spend this vacation time learning how to talk.

Please God, Let kirk spend his vacation finding sources for his "statements of fact"

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Alchem -
Don't you have anything better to do than to stalk participants and make comments about thier posts.
I don't care if you like my comments or not, but your actions are bullshit.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
I remember reading an article in some magazine that said Bush eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, plays computer games, and take afternoon naps. Wow, what a worker.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Maybe some good will come from all the vacations and all. Perhaps an extrication from Iraq and Afghanistan of US troops plan can be formulated. The upcomming defense of the lies told the American people needs doing. Nah... there is plenty good the Bush can do in Texas. He may tell us all about it .... as soon as he learns to speak................. the truth.

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
more FYI:
link
A CBS News tally shows that Clinton has spent 152 days on holiday over his two terms.
This article is from '99, so there may be a few more vacation days to add to Clinton's total, but as of now, Bush has spent more days on vacation than Clinton did in 8 years.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Bush Presents New Economic Team, Agenda in Radio Address from Dec 14 2002
"Investor confidence needs to be strengthened in practical ways," Bush said. "And the nation's rate of unemployment is now 6 percent, and significantly higher in some parts of America. We will not rest until every person in America who wants to work can find a job."

Bush proposes big round of tax cuts to bolster economy - Jan. 8 2003
"We cannot be satisfied until every part of our economy is healthy and vigorous," Bush said. "We will not rest until every business has a chance to grow and every person who wants to find work can find a job."

President Bush holds news conference - July 30, 2003
"We are beginning to see hopefuls signs of faster growth in the economy which over time will yield new jobs. Yet the unemployment rate is too high and we will not rest until Americans looking for work can find a job," Bush said.

Then he promptly goes on a month long vacation after spending the month before golfing and campaign fundraising. This is also after just coming back from Africa where he went on a couple of safaris.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

You've got to be kidding. The smarmy rich jerk never did a real day's work in his life. All that BS about clearing brush is just another photo op.

You probably believe he piloted that jet onto the carrier too. LMFAO. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D