Why is BET allowed, but if WET???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: ITJunkie
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
well BET talks about guns and bitches...while WET would talk about KKK and sending foreigners back.

see whenever white people get together in groups...minorities end up getting beaten and lynched.

And whenever Arabs get together in groups someone gets blown up....

See how stupid stereotypes are :(

well what has every white pride rally turned into?

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: rcf1987
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Did you know that white males who make up about 30% of the population in this country control over 97% of the wealth.

Now, exactly what are you bitchin' about??

Thats because we have worked hard and earned it.

plus you got a little le gup on the competition.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
well BET talks about guns and bitches...while WET would talk about KKK and sending foreigners back.

see whenever white people get together in groups...minorities end up getting beaten and lynched.

NASCAR?

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Mursilis

NASCAR?

ROFL!

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Train
Originally posted by: catnap1972
Originally posted by: feralkid
I already get the N.A.S.C.A.R. channel, sponsored by Crackerjack.

Don't forget FOXNews! ;)
I dont know about Fox News, but the Fox stations were the ones to pick up all the mainstream "black comedy" shows like Martin, Fresh Prince, that one show with the Wayans brother, that other show I cant remember the name of, and that other show with all the women, and well I forget.

Actually Fresh Prince was on NBC but I do remember they had Roc, In living color, Magic Johnson hour, and some other black shows.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
all tv is is marketing. create enough of an uproar and the network execs will hook you up. it's a giant commercial and that is all it is...

Agnostos Insania

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2005

When a bunch of white people get together there's technological progress and civilization improves. Or would you rather live in one of the countries that wasn't created by and sustained by Caucasians? The fact that you're speaking English shows that we know how to make it work.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999

Generally speaking, it is the "minorities" that go balistic and start looting...remember Toledo a few weeks back? It's ok for the "Million Man March" in DC, but God forbid a group of whites get together and exercise thier rights. Oh and before you go on about the preaching of hatred by these groups, I am sure if I look it won't take me long to come up with statements by Calypso Louie and his ilk that also preach hatred of whites, so that argument is void.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
this is absurd.
its been pointed out but...if you want white television, randomly punch in some numbers.
if, by chance, you accidentally run into BET or telemundo or some other "non-white" station, you can always fall back on CBS; im sure youve seen it.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: rcf1987
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Did you know that white males who make up about 30% of the population in this country control over 97% of the wealth.

Now, exactly what are you bitchin' about??

Thats because we have worked hard and earned it.

Just because you are white you shouldn't take credit for others achievements.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania

When a bunch of white people get together there's technological progress and civilization improves. Or would you rather live in one of the countries that wasn't created by and sustained by Caucasians? The fact that you're speaking English shows that we know how to make it work.

japan? china? india? don't worry, this is how the world works, each civilization makes way for the next...

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Wheezer

Generally speaking, it is the "minorities" that go balistic and start looting...remember Toledo a few weeks back? It's ok for the "Million Man March" in DC, but God forbid a group of whites get together and exercise thier rights. Oh and before you go on about the preaching of hatred by these groups, I am sure if I look it won't take me long to come up with statements by Calypso Louie and his ilk that also preach hatred of whites, so that argument is void.

but white people have rights and all the priviledges...what would you protest about? not having a WET? i was kind of brash in my prior statement, but what do white people have to protest...keeping minorties in their place or perhaps giving themselves and even bigger advantage? come on buddy, be realistic. and as for the orginal question...aside from BET and the spanish channels, most of TV is WET.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Agnostos Insania

japan? china? india? don't worry, this is how the world works, each civilization makes way for the next...
LOL the Caucasians were so advanced that they didn't start using TP to wipe their asses until the Chinese introduced that concept to them.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
I think all the rest of TV basically covers WET

When Jesse Jackson first starting making a big stink about this a few years back, a black columnist for the Washington Post wrote an interesting op-ed piece about it. According to the article, the average black household averaged 2+ hours/day more of TV time than the average white household, so of course programming was going to cater more toward whites, who needed to be 'hooked' more than blacks, who were already watching. The author concluded that because most TV programming was generally a waste of time anyway, blacks should just quit watching. Quite a good point . . .

alent1234

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2002
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Would all hell break loose, or was the precedent already set for such double standards? I'm sure it's already been thought of, but probably nobody wants to go there.

what is white culture? I've never heard of any ethnicity called white. I can think of a bunch that come from europe and the middle east though. Just like hispanic. What do Spanish and guatemalans have in common other than speaking different dialects of spanish?

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I wouldn't mind some more Middle Eastern performers on television in roles not involving being tortured by Jack Bauer for the defuse code. :p