Why is Ann Coulter on TY?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ECUHITMAN

Jun 21, 2001
"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the revolution, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow - and they will win."

-- Yep, here's the assclown telling the world that he hopes we LOSE in Iraq (like most liberals do). What a patriot!

First, how do you get from that quote that Moore hopes we lose in Iraq? Just because he thinks they will win, does not mean he hopes they will win. There is a difference, and if you can?t see that don?t bother reading any further.

Second, I would need a quote from other liberals saying specifically that they hope we lose against the insurgency.

Third, Moore may be right. We cannot leave Iraq until we have established a solid government, but as long as we are there portions of the population will fight us at every turn. I agree we cannot leave Iraq yet because it is just going to get worse, and just require the US to go back into Iraq a few years later. That said, those that view us as the problem are going to continue to fight us, it does not matter how many you round up, the longer we are there and the more civilians that are killed by the insurgence the more volunteers there will be to drive a car bomb into convoys handing out candy to children.

I pose this question: If Bush came on TV and said, ?we are going to send our troops over to the middle east so they become targets and a distraction so the terrorists do not strike inside the US and it does not matter how many troops are killed and civilians are killed as long as we are safe in the US? would you agree with him?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anne Coulter is an actor not a politician. Her job is to excite emotion, any emotion of any kind. People are asleep and emotionally dead and love and long to get exercised about anything. Advertisers know this through cunning and put on TV that which arouses your passion to gather you all in one place to deliver their message. Anne Coulter's outrageousness is about buy in to the false emotion and, buy, buy these useless goods. Anne Coulter is part of the matrix and your body lies ersatz on the couch.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
I'm calling your bluff. You come on here all the time and make stupid, baseless and otherwise ignorant claims. This time, I am wanting you to prove it.

Actually, my claims are rooted in fact. I don't speculate like the liberals do here.

What do you want me to prove? That Moore has sad stupid things? OK, do a Google on Michael Moore and look for yourself.

I would actually like to see you find quotes where Moore is calling for the death and execution of Republicans and/or Conservatives. Put up or STFU.

WTF did I ever say that Moore said that (or anything remotely close?)

Here's a few quotes from your big ass buddy for you to peruse:

"The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' or 'The Enemy.' They are the revolution, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow - and they will win."

-- Yep, here's the assclown telling the world that he hopes we LOSE in Iraq (like most liberals do). What a patriot!

"These bastards who run our country are a bunch of conniving, thieving, smug pricks who need to be brought down and removed and replaced with a whole new system that we control."

-- Sounds like Cindy Sheehan, eh?

Here's just a small sampling of the asshat's remarks

Now you put up or STFU.

First off, he didn't call for the death or execution of anyone in either of those quotes. So you missed the target there.

Secondly, regarding the first quote, say you lived here in the colonies and were taking up arms against the British...would you consider yourself a terrorist, insurgent or "the enemy"? You are so smug in your ignorance, that you can't see the point that is being made. He, nor any liberal that I have ever heard, read or talked to, has ever hoped that we lose in Iraq. That is spin from the right that you are so willingly guiliable to suck right up. As for him being a patriot, let's see how Thomas Jefferson would have viewed what he said:

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to = remain silent."

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty"

"A little rebellion now and then... is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."

Sounds if ol' TJ would approve of Moore and, to the chagrin of all of the sheep and talking heads on the right, deem him a true patriot. On the other hand, followers like you that think that your towing the party line and believing the rhetoric that you can't question the mission cause you will bring down the troops:

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy"

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."

"A good cause is often injured more by ill-timed efforts of its friends than by the arguments of its enemies. Persuasion, perseverance and patience are the best advocates on questions depending on the will of others."

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."

"This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector."

"Tyrants have always some slight shade of virtue; they support the laws before destroying them"

"The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience"

"When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader."

Sure sounds like Thomas Jefferson believes that you are less of a patriot than Michael Moore will ever be. Keep up the good work.

And I also read through every Moore quote on that link that you provided. Not a single one calling for the death of ANY individual. So, are you going to admit that Coulter is infinately worse than Moore yet? Or would you like more time to check Freeperville to find something that you can skew to try to fit the topic at hand? Oh, and you didn't get me riled up over any claims about Moore. You got me riled up over posting crap after crap after crap without substance and believing that you are winning some argument with the voices in your head.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
First off, he didn't call for the death or execution of anyone in either of those quotes. So you missed the target there.

Did I ever say that he did? No, I didn't.

Secondly, regarding the first quote, say you lived here in the colonies and were taking up arms against the British...would you consider yourself a terrorist, insurgent or "the enemy"? You are so smug in your ignorance, that you can't see the point that is being made. He, nor any liberal that I have ever heard, read or talked to, has ever hoped that we lose in Iraq. That is spin from the right that you are so willingly guiliable to suck right up. As for him being a patriot, let's see how Thomas Jefferson would have viewed what he said:

Apples And Oranges, like most liberals. And comparing Moore to Jefferson is beyond a stretch - it's asinine.

And I also read through every Moore quote on that link that you provided. Not a single one calling for the death of ANY individual. So, are you going to admit that Coulter is infinately worse than Moore yet? Or would you like more time to check Freeperville to find something that you can skew to try to fit the topic at hand? Oh, and you didn't get me riled up over any claims about Moore. You got me riled up over posting crap after crap after crap without substance and believing that you are winning some argument with the voices in your head.

I think wishing the insurgents in Iraq to defeat us is good enough for starters.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
i love how the right paints Moore out to be some complete nutjob. if you really watched his documentary you'd notice that 95% of it is actually spot on. i'll admit he throws out some unsubstantiated theories but it's not even remotely as bad as the things Limbaugh or Coulter or even Hannity say everyday.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005

Did I ever say that he did? No, I didn't.

Apples And Oranges, like most liberals. And comparing Moore to Jefferson is beyond a stretch - it's asinine.

I think wishing the insurgents in Iraq to defeat us is good enough for starters.

Your response was in direct correlation to the post where Proletariat puts out Coulter quotes about "killing liberals" and we Americans being given by God the divine right to "rape the earth".

Show me a single quote from Michael Moore that is remotely in that ballpark of obsurdity.

If you actually took the time to read posts before responding out of your arse...you will see that there isn't a single comparison made by me that compared Moore to Jefferson. What I did, was effectively show that Moore's approach would have been APPROVED by Jefferson based on quotes that he made. I rebutted your "asinine" point that Moore is somehow a traitor for speaking out against the war and this administration.

Once again....show where Moore says that he HOPES that the Iraqi "insurgents" will win.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

-----------------------
Where do you get the notion that Moore wants them to win. He states that they are, from the way we use the term freedom fighters, freedom fighters from their perspective and that they will win. This is a statement of opinion. It contains no indication that it is a wish. It is what he thinks is true. A person is not an anti-patriot because he predicts a loss. In fact if he is right we should get out now and save American lives. That would make him a bigger patriot than those continue to send good lives after bad. Nobody that I know knows how the war will turn out or what will ultimately come of Bush's War.

Therefore, you are the one who is asinine and comparing apples to oranges, no, Pabster?

It strikes me that what you are in fact is a mystic, a person who equates a negative prediction as causing a negative outcome. Think positive and we will survive this jump off a cliff. It is a dangerous disease for which you might wish to seek treatment.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: Perknose
Originally posted by: umbrella39
I'd hit it.
I think I speak for everyone here of all political stripes when I say that if you did, I'd pay to watch. :p

Amusing story: NSFW

(you'll have to edit the link manually)

That was funny as hell. Thaks for the link. Untrimmed and oversized nips, my kind of girl.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Whats "TY?" Last time i checked the "V" was on the bottom of my keyboard and the "Y" on the top. I ask because given this geography it cant be a typo.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Here's a few quotes from your big ass buddy for you to peruse:

"These bastards who run our country are a bunch of conniving, thieving, smug pricks who need to be brought down and removed and replaced with a whole new system that we control."

-- Sounds like Cindy Sheehan, eh?

Here's just a small sampling of the asshat's remarks

Now you put up or STFU.

Is that really the best you can do? Jebus, pab, you have some SERIOUS right-wing blinders working for you.

inhotep

Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: slimrhcp
She's on tv because she looks pretty good.
OMG! She looks more like Kenny G.
It's obvious that FN use her to target female conservative wannabes.
I have seen much better looking female FN commentaries. Example: that hot asian women, who is good, actually. I can guess FN don't want conservative women(most can relate to Ann for obvious reasons) to be jealous of her looks and bash FN for using her to attract male viewers.

Also, Ann can't go on a show with out mentioning her book, in "paper back cover"

BTW, I'm not a liberal or conservative. I side with whom ever I think make sense, case by case. I'm sure many republicans/conservatives think she is not worth their time.

Coulter: "Canada used to be one of our most loyal friends and vice-versa. I mean Canada sent troops to Vietnam - was Vietnam less containable and more of a threat than Saddam Hussein?"

McKeown interrupts: "Canada didn't send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter: "I don't think that's right."

McKeown: "Canada did not send troops to Vietnam."

Coulter (looking desperate): "Indochina?"

McKeown: "Uh no. Canada ...second World War of course. Korea. Yes. Vietnam No."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, took a pass on Vietnam."

Coulter: "I think you're wrong."

McKeown: "No, Australia was there, not Canada."

Coulter: "I think Canada sent troops."

McKeown: "No."

Coulter: "Well. I'll get back to you on that."

McKeown tags out in script:

"Coulter never got back to us -- but for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam."

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Anne Coulter is an actor not a politician. Her job is to excite emotion, any emotion of any kind. People are asleep and emotionally dead and love and long to get exercised about anything. Advertisers know this through cunning and put on TV that which arouses your passion to gather you all in one place to deliver their message. Anne Coulter's outrageousness is about buy in to the false emotion and, buy, buy these useless goods. Anne Coulter is part of the matrix and your body lies ersatz on the couch.

wow...i agree with Moonbeam for once. she's an entertainer, not a polititian. no need to get all riled up.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

For the third time, I never made any claim that Moore said that or anything like it, so you can stop.

How is Coulter "infinitely worse" than Moore? I don't see her out extorting Hollywood celebrities for $$ for the DNC.

And quite obviously you were riled by the attack on Moore (a justified one, I might add) or you would have STFU a long time ago.

Your response was in direct correlation to the post where Proletariat puts out Coulter quotes about "killing liberals" and we Americans being given by God the divine right to "rape the earth".

Show me where I commented on either of those phrases, much less supported them?

Show me a single quote from Michael Moore that is remotely in that ballpark of obsurdity.

You've got to be kidding. Are you insinuating Moore has never made any absurd or asinine remarks? Not only does the link I provided offer several, but there are many more. You can do the Google work yourself if you are so inclined.

If you actually took the time to read posts before responding out of your arse...you will see that there isn't a single comparison made by me that compared Moore to Jefferson. What I did, was effectively show that Moore's approach would have been APPROVED by Jefferson based on quotes that he made. I rebutted your "asinine" point that Moore is somehow a traitor for speaking out against the war and this administration.

You are a tool. Do you honestly purport to tell us that Thomas Jefferson would support and approve of Michael Moore? BWHAHAHA!!! You liberals really are full of yourselves!

Once again....show where Moore says that he HOPES that the Iraqi "insurgents" will win.

Oh come on. Moore lives like the rest of your libbies. He thrives on gloom and doom. That's what it's all about. Gloom and Doom. THE SKY IS FALLING!!! If there is good news, he is silent, because it doesn't support his worthless cause.

I can't quote Moore saying those words verbatim but from the quotes he's made and the times I've seen him speak, his intent is pretty obvious. Like all other liberals, he'd love nothing more than for Iraq to delve in to Civil War and our entire effort there to fail. Because so long as good news keeps coming -- like this weekend's vote on their constitution -- he has nothing to say.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
P&N is about discussing and debating, not about bashing.

Unfortunately, the circle here turns everything from discussion and debate in to flames, attacks, and insults. Take a perusal through the last week of topics and note how many have been hijacked by the old jerkers.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Where do you get the notion that Moore wants them to win. He states that they are, from the way we use the term freedom fighters, freedom fighters from their perspective and that they will win. This is a statement of opinion. It contains no indication that it is a wish. It is what he thinks is true. A person is not an anti-patriot because he predicts a loss. In fact if he is right we should get out now and save American lives. That would make him a bigger patriot than those continue to send good lives after bad. Nobody that I know knows how the war will turn out or what will ultimately come of Bush's War.

ROFLMAO. The fact that you consider Moore a "patriot" tells volumes.

If you've heard Moore speak and read the litany of writings, you'd know that his intentions are pretty clear. See my previous reply to RightIsWrong about the general state of liberal affairs and the ill-fated logic behind them.

Therefore, you are the one who is asinine and comparing apples to oranges, no, Pabster?

I'd say no. After all, I didn't try to insinuate Thomas Jefferson would support Moore; And I certainly didn't coin the phrase 'patriot' to describe him. Those are two of the most asinine remarks one could possibly spew and fit the definition perfectly.

It strikes me that what you are in fact is a mystic, a person who equates a negative prediction as causing a negative outcome. Think positive and we will survive this jump off a cliff. It is a dangerous disease for which you might wish to seek treatment.

ROFLMAO. Liberals like to believe their negative predictions will come true. Fortunately, most of them do not. And the people get sick and tired of the gloom and doom mantra rather quickly.

inhotep

Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: inhotep
She is annoying, plus, she seem to be a tool.
then why are you posting here?

To bash her?

Right, to pawn her by debating, make more valid arguments about her and her opinions.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
She is a brilliant self promoter. Who knows her true beliefs.

She knows how to make money very well. Just like Rush.

Most of these political celebrities are certainly amazed at all the people that subscribe to the garbage they spew.

Think of professional wrestling.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: slyedog
seems as though she has rattled the libs

Yep, and done a good job at it, too.

Funny they all cast her off as insignificant yet they spend so much time trying to bash her and refute what she says?
Maybe because many of her quotes include actual threats and somehow she is seen all the time in the mainstream media?

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
She is annoying, plus, she seem to be a tool.
then why are you posting here?

To bash her?

And your history here has shown us all that you are VERY loyal to the concepts of discussion and debate.

/sarcasm