Why I hate Charter Cable

LifeStealer

Sep 22, 2004
I have to say Charter cable is the worst company I have ever dealt with. After waiting a month to get cable and phone service turned on, traveling cross-state to be there and waiting all day for anyone to show up I was left with nothing but a bill. After 8(!) calls to customer service and 4(!) supervisors I was told 3(!) times that local dispatch would call me within twenty-four hours. Six days later? Zero calls. I desperately needed the phone installed as my Grandfather has COPD and Heart Failure but no one at Charter was interested/cared. So to get phone access I called VOIPYOURLIFE and set up an account with which I received immediate phone service. That night my grandfather had to go to the hospital due to COPD/Heart complications combined with pneumonia. If it weren't for VOIPYOURLIFE I have no idea what would have happened. He is still in the hospital and Charter still hasn't called.

Just wanted to vent...

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Easily the worst company I've ever dealt with. I honestly hope all of their buildings burn down simultaneously.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yep, they suck.

Cities need to be more assertive in granting those damn contracts so there's some competition & a motivation to provide some decent customer service.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I have them for Internet and cable tv service and they pretty much suck.

Gneisenau

May 30, 2007
Can you get the same services from your telephone company? I think they offer TV in some areas. At least they have contacted me about it in the past where I live. That's assuming they can give you DSL too.
At least it's a choice.

BTW if you do VoIP telephone, make sure you put a UPS on the telephone modem. Especially if you have Medical reasons. In the event of a power outage, you would lose telephone service too. (If your's works like ours does here.)

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I miss Cable One on the [Texas] coast. Rarely had issues, and when I did, they were fixed or looked at fairly quickly.

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I had them in madison until I started working for a dsl competitor (yay $20/mo phone/4mb dsl), for some reason I still get my employee rate.

LifeStealer

Sep 22, 2004
AT&T offers DirecTV which is OK I guess. I'll probably switch, was only with charter for the 10meg but its really not worth it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: clamum
I have them for Internet and cable tv service and they pretty much suck.

Yep. I switched to Windstream for DSL and Dish Network, and saved money.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Yep, they are a very frustrating company, I waited 1/2 a year to get my Internet fixed I logged the speed and phone calls to them over that time. Every day I logged the speed and every couple days I called.

I would have switched to any other company if I could have but they are the only ones that provide high speed internet in my area, phone lines are too old to support DSL.

Every time they call to offer me more service or packages I go into a well I don't know if I can trust you guys story and tell them what happened...