Why I gave my Half Life 2 Away

Kenji4861

Banned
Jan 28, 2001
So, just for the hell of it, I purchased Half Life 2.. see what all the hype is about.

Everynight until 6 or 7 am, I'd play Counter Strike Source (which came with Half Life 2).. over and over.. even when everyone left and only bots are the only ones remaining on the server.. I'd play until I literally start to become unplayable.

I have work to do, and I'm playing the damn GAME! and I can't stop either. Always thinking.. just 10 minutes, and once I start.. I go ok.. just 30 minutes.. ok 1 hour.. ok.. and it's like 6am and I got nothing done but increased the number of kills in Counter Strike on some unknown server.

I had to take a sick leave from work because I just couldn't get up. That's when I thought this is serious...

Okay, so I uninstalled it.. and since I still had the temptation to install it again.. so I gave it to my housemate.

Now.. I feel better. I know it's going to be tough on me tonight.

I'm gonna have to deal with it.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
But you wrote down your Cd key right? Now you don't need the Cd to install it again. :evil:

bobbybe01

Banned
May 30, 2004
LOL to the replies...you guys crack me up.

Look, you don't have an addiction...you can quit whenever you want.

manohartvs

Jun 8, 2005
You are teh suck in Counterstrike dude. Play the game with me in teh opposing team and pwn me.

I know you want to play.....

MMMMMMMMMOnster Kill

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Just buy BF2 and get cracked out on that. Thats what slowed down my CS:S playing time.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Kenji4861
So, just for the hell of it, I purchased Half Life 2.. see what all the hype is about.

Everynight until 6 or 7 am, I'd play Counter Strike Source (which came with Half Life 2).. over and over.. even when everyone left and only bots are the only ones remaining on the server.. I'd play until I literally start to become unplayable.

I have work to do, and I'm playing the damn GAME! and I can't stop either. Always thinking.. just 10 minutes, and once I start.. I go ok.. just 30 minutes.. ok 1 hour.. ok.. and it's like 6am and I got nothing done but increased the number of kills in Counter Strike on some unknown server.

I had to take a sick leave from work because I just couldn't get up. That's when I thought this is serious...

Okay, so I uninstalled it.. and since I still had the temptation to install it again.. so I gave it to my housemate.

Now.. I feel better. I know it's going to be tough on me tonight.

I'm gonna have to deal with it.

I felt the exactly the same way with Diablo II LOD.. I had to give it away to stop playing.
I do play HalfLife CS, but I only play 2 hours at the most every night.. It's manageable..

LeiZaK

Diamond Member
May 25, 2005
Originally posted by: BroeBo
But you wrote down your Cd key right? Now you don't need the Cd to install it again. :evil:

don't even need the cd key... just your steam password :D

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
Give it to a house-mate, its still very possible that you will get it back...

You should have gave it to me... I'm all the way up here in California man... You would never give it back.

brian_riendeau

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 1999
I am about to give it away because Steam is a giant pile of crap. There have been multiple times I have not been able to play because of Steam, and the promised game content updates and new good mods availible over Steam have been almost non-existant. I think Steam was a good idea to push new content out to people, however Valve just uses it to control the players imo.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: brian_riendeau
I am about to give it away because Steam is a giant pile of crap. There have been multiple times I have not been able to play because of Steam, and the promised game content updates and new good mods availible over Steam have been almost non-existant. I think Steam was a good idea to push new content out to people, however Valve just uses it to control the players imo.

steam was just a gimmick to keep people interested in the game. due to rampant hacks and whatnot, they developed VAC and steam to keep CS players content. too bad they stopped caring about VAC and steam is just a POS.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: yourdeardaniel
Originally posted by: fs5
I gave mine away because it was giving me motion sickness. (HL2)

that happens to me in single player hl
Yah, me too. That and FarCry - vomit city after an hour. :( D3 not so much. Maybe because it's not such a good idea to go running into dark, previously unvisited rooms? :p

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: brian_riendeau

its happened to me like 3 times.each time i got on after waiting a minute or two....