Why has race relations worsened under a Black President?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
the obama is a out and out racist along with being Ameriphobic. The obama has a front and center reserved seat at the Jeremiah Wright hate and discontent Ameriphobic sermons disguised as a religious gathering. So no wonder or surprise the Oval Office has become the center of hate / discontent and grievous mongering in the US.

Shouldn't you be over dosing on something?

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...relations-really-worse-under-president-obama/

9fFSacU.png

Race relations haven't been this bad since 1992 and the Rodney King riots.
Why has it gotten worse under a Black Pres?

Race relations have always been bad, people were just apt to hide it until now.

Also it's why I think there are so many Republicans running for prez. They think "If a black person has a chance then so do I!"

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
the obama is a out and out racist along with being Ameriphobic. The obama has a front and center reserved seat at the Jeremiah Wright hate and discontent Ameriphobic sermons disguised as a religious gathering. So no wonder or surprise the Oval Office has become the center of hate / discontent and grievous mongering in the US.

you have any post where you don't blame Obama for something?

What makes Obama a racist in your mind?

And Jeremiah Wright and Obama aren't exactly on speaking terms.
Yes, Jeremiah Wright Still Hates President Obama

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
more people with smart phones and increased proliferation of social media websites

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
Please quit with the "murder" bullshit. They are being shot because of their shit lifestyle that final caught up to them.

Going to the store to buy Skittles should be a jailable offense.

Whites are being shot as well, and I dare say the last one didn't even have a rap sheet.

The difference is, you go to jail when you shoot a white person.

ALWAYS placing the blame on others,

Irony.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Please quit with the "murder" bullshit. They are being shot because of their shit lifestyle that final caught up to them. Whites are being shot as well, and I dare say the last one didn't even have a rap sheet. No uproar, no protesting, and DEFINITELY no rioting and burning down communities. You act like that, and people will create a barrier between themselves and a pattern they see. It's as simple as that. The black community has a HUGE cultural problem that is creating these problem. Disrespect for all, ALWAYS placing the blame on others, and shutting down other black people that TRY to lead them in the right direction. This is a black problem, not a white, Asian or any other races problem.

All BLM is doing is creating MORE racism because ALL races see it for what it is, the black community not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. And the black people that speak out against this BS are called "coons, house niggas" and whatever other derogatory name to try and stifle them. I garantee you, BLM is creating a MUCH larger racial devide despite what the agenda driven media is making it out to be. People have learned NOT to say anything in fear of being called a "racist." So what they do is sit back and watch. But rest assured, people are assessing the situation MUCH differently than what the media is making it out to be.

So when a 12 year old was gunned down in a park, what part of his lifestyle caught up with him? When a man was shot in the back in a Walmart, what part of his life caught up to him? Being black in public is not actually a crime, despite how much "people" like you think it is.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Because a lot of white people (Republicans) really resent a black person having the gall to try and be president.

Considering there are no riots nor protests against Ben Carson, that pretty much seals the deal with you being an ignorant race-baitor. Congratulations on being a wasteful lump on society, I'm sure you are very proud of your achievement.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Considering there are no riots nor protests against Ben Carson, that pretty much seals the deal with you being an ignorant race-baitor. Congratulations on being a wasteful lump on society, I'm sure you are very proud of your achievement.

Why should there be riots about an Oreo dipped in crazy? Or any reason racists should protest their "boy"?

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
People thought they were electing MLK for president. Instead we got Al Sharpton. No wonder relations have worsened.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Things began to worsen almost as he took Office. First clue as to why has to do with his Birth Certificate.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Because a lot of white people (Republicans) really resent a black person having the gall to try and be president.

I personally don't think has anything to do with it.

Because back in 2000 not everybody was carrying a video recorder. You think this crap hasn't been happening for centuries? Modern technology just wasn't available to put a microscope over it.

I think this is a good part of it.

Looking at that, "race relations" didn't drop until more recently with Tayvon Martin and especially Michael Brown. You know, two standout pillars of society. Seems people rallying around violent attempted murderers doesn't settle well.

I think this is the rest of it. It brought out those still in the closet.

but i don't think race relations have gotten worse. i think the media is making it out worse then it is.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I've been pondering this since around the early 1980s.

I had a long personal history to attach here as a "so-called" Caucasian who no longer likes the black/white distinction. Only at age 65, I had learned through genealogical research how my own Polish-American family of the first 3 generations of settlers (1850) were treated by the Texas Anglos. The Poles were conscripted by the Confederacy. They deserted, so they could exchange gray uniforms for blue, and were known as "The Polish Grays." After WWI, there was a strong anti-immigrant sentiment across the country. My father and his siblings were regularly beaten by the little bigot cornpones when they attended the first public school in the town.

After age 9, my father wasn't alive to tell me any of this.

I think there's a behavior I could call "racial cowardice," which I could only apply to myself -- growing up in various modestly-tony suburbs of the Midwest and California. On the one hand, a person might say "I'm not prejudiced," but might worry "what people will think" for having black friends or more formal situations in the workplace.

When I was finishing my UC college-career, the big headlines here focused attention on the murder of two cops: Christensen and Teil. Three black men were rounded up in a dragnet -- known as the Riverside Three. None of them had ever met until after their arraignment: A USMC Marine Corps veteran and "community organizer" -- his wife a nurse at the local hospital; a college student from a JC in Bishop -- originally from Alabama -- who happened to be transferring to UC and stumbled into the dragnet; and a rather simple but polite hulk of a young man with whom I was acquainted as a neighbor about two years before the murders.

Those guys were all railroaded through three trials which destroyed their lives. But not only were they "not guilty." They were innocent.

So move on to living and working in the Washington bureaucracy. Maybe through the first ten years, I began to think that the Civil Rights era had done its work. There was no more distinction between "black" and "white." But with the influx of GOP underlings of the early-to-mid 1980s, I began to notice what the white-boy growing up in an all-white neighborhood, who believed the story-line in the newspapers about the Riverside Three, who had gone out on weekend nights with white cronies to find "some old black guy" to buy our booze for us -- failed to see before.

People aren't going to "tell you" about the slivers of subtle attitudes they harbor.

So I'd say --- look at Colin Powell's experience during the Bush administration, and his occasional statements in the media before, during and after he ended his tenure as Secretary of State. And he had some observations about how his own party was treating Obama. Like me, I think he must've had an epiphany of "waking up."

To say that Obama is responsible for some sort of "racial division" is like saying about a KKK lynching: "It was the black guy's fault."

It's one thing to criticize the Prez. It's another thing to do everything possible to hamstring and obstruct. And it's difficult to sort out. They'll say "Ah don' like him cuz he's a so-oo-shal-ist!" Or they'll lay down a lambast of the ACA. Or they'll say he's spineless for not playing Emperor Commodus like Bush, trying to show the world we can wage two wars at once. But between whining about Reverend Wright, resolving to make him a "one-term president" and other things, you see things coming from that part of the electorate with similar inclinations like "He's a half-breed!"

Do we somehow now "wish" that we'd elected Hillary instead? I think -- if you entertained that notion -- it's a manifestation of "racial cowardice." And for someone who voted for him holding that sentiment now, I'd be happy to sell you out to "international communism" or Hells Angels, then go down to the post office and salute the flag. It's one thing to put on a sheet and burn a cross. It's another thing to be a spineless wretch.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I personally don't think has anything to do with it.

Call me curious then; how would you explain the difference in reaction between Texas hosting military exercises under a white president, and Texas hosting military exercises when Obama is in office?

I guess the Russians and North Koreans using racist monkey imagery towards Obama is just them teasing about his fondness for bananas?

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Why would there be either a riot or protest about someone who isn't going to be president?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Call me curious then; how would you explain the difference in reaction between Texas hosting military exercises under a white president, and Texas hosting military exercises when Obama is in office?

I guess the Russians and North Koreans using racist monkey imagery towards Obama is just them teasing about his fondness for bananas?

Raising an observation about that psychopath Kim Jong Un, his criminal entourage and the DPRK is a useful observation.

I'm no expert on Korea, but I know essentially a lot more now than I did as a kid. Korea had been partitioned and occupied long before WWII by various world powers, but mostly -- the Japanese.

So you might ask how a communist regime comes to a practice of dynastic succession. They're in some ways "stuck in time" since the armistice.

And the North has always held racist attitudes toward Americans of any complexion. They have racist attitudes about the Chinese, no less.

I also didn't take kindly to Vlad Putin's joke about Obama at the beginning: "He's got a nice tan!" But there are a lot of blacks living in Russia, and on a scale of diversity, its diversity is "viable."

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
et3qbqsie0qglqslgq2oqg.png

Gallup
Americans rate black-white relations much more negatively today than they have at any point in the past 15 years... Whites' positive ratings of black-white relations since 2013 have nose-dived by 27 percentage points, from 72% to 45%, while blacks show a smaller but still sizable drop of 15 points, from 66% to 51%...

Notably, as Americans' perceptions of black-white relations have become sharply more negative, their ratings of relations among other racial and ethnic groups are unchanged from 2013, the last time Gallup asked the question.
Seems to be a consensus about what has happened.

Seems also to be confined to black-white relations. Gallup reports relations among other racial and ethnic groups unchanged...

Interesting question, who other than the media, profits when black-white relations deteriorate?

Uno

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"In 1960, whites were 90 percent of the country. The Census Bureau recently estimated that whites already account for less than two-thirds of the population and will be a minority by 2050. Other estimates put that day much sooner.
One may assume the new majority will not be such compassionate overlords as the white majority has been. If this sort of drastic change were legally imposed on any group other than white Americans, it would be called genocide. Yet whites are called racists merely for mentioning the fact that current immigration law is intentionally designed to reduce their percentage in the population." - Ann Coulter

Make no mistake whatsoever, the right is the side that is race baiting.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Well, yeh, of course. Kinda turned their world upside down having a black man at the top of the political heap. The unthinkable has occurred.

Besides that, it encourages the rest of 'em to get all uppity & forget their place.

It's a harbinger of the End Times, I'm tellin' ya.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
"In 1960, whites were 90 percent of the country. The Census Bureau recently estimated that whites already account for less than two-thirds of the population and will be a minority by 2050. Other estimates put that day much sooner.
One may assume the new majority will not be such compassionate overlords as the white majority has been. If this sort of drastic change were legally imposed on any group other than white Americans, it would be called genocide. Yet whites are called racists merely for mentioning the fact that current immigration law is intentionally designed to reduce their percentage in the population." - Ann Coulter

Make no mistake whatsoever, the right is the side that is race baiting.

Ahh "genocide". :D:D

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The Black Lives Matter "movement" is one of the biggest race baiting, racist organizations that refuse to address the REAL problems in the black community. You want something that is doing a disservice to the black community, that's a great example. You also want an example of something creating a bigger problem with race relations, you can use that movement an example as well.
Yeah, because it's racist to expose institutional racism.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
et3qbqsie0qglqslgq2oqg.png

Gallup
Seems to be a consensus about what has happened.

Seems also to be confined to black-white relations. Gallup reports relations among other racial and ethnic groups unchanged...

Interesting question, who other than the media, profits when black-white relations deteriorate?

Uno

Who else profits? The demagogues, of course.

Race relations aren't really any worse. It's just become more obvious that they're not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.