Why don't women talk politics.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: Corn
Remember this place is kinda inhospitable to the average joe and has been over run by fervent partisians on both sides.
That's why I don't venture in here all that much. It's the same arguments by the same people on either extreme over and over and over. I think women would just as soon avoid that. Granted, it's entertaining at times, but hanging around in here too long gets irritating to me personally. It's made Off Topic a LOT more hopsitable ever since this forum was created IMO (arguments over cars and movies are much more light-hearted affairs.) Personally, I try to avoid discussing politics with friends and family unless I know we're already on the same side. A good debate is one thing. But differences in politics really seem to bring out pure hatred between otherwise similar people like few other subjects can.

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
That's pretty much it. I like OT because there's variety; it's not all arguments
For men, I think they come here specifically for the the arguing. If there wasn't any arguing here, this place would be little more than a laggy mirror of a news website.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Women like men to think they're in charge; that way men don't catch on to who really runs things.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones
Women like men to think they're in charge; that way men don't catch on to who really runs things.

Aint that the truth..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Women understand the inevitability of stupidity.

That's pretty much it. I like OT because there's variety; it's not all arguments. Dropping in here just convinces me about that comparison between arguing on the internet and running in the special olympics. Anything I say in here will be bashed 1) because I'm female, 2) because I'm only 20, 3) because I'm conservative Christian, and 4) because I'm Republican. No point in coming to get my head bashed in.
Hey, I am too.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

That's pretty much it. I like OT because there's variety; it's not all arguments. Dropping in here just convinces me about that comparison between arguing on the internet and running in the special olympics. Anything I say in here will be bashed 1) because I'm female, 2) because I'm only 20, 3) because I'm conservative Christian, and 4) because I'm Republican. No point in coming to get my head bashed in.
Hey, I am too.

Hahahaha!!! I should have seen this coming :p You are too much Moony...way too much.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

Hey, I am too.

You are not, but Cad is! :p

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Because politics is about power and more power. Women know they dont need any more than they already have.
They have the power of the 2 P's Purse and Pus---. With these 2 things they actually rule the world.

Bleep

Brie

May 27, 2003
Why don't women talk politics?

Maybe because we start threads like this. How do you know that there are a lack of women in the P+N forum? Have you asked EVERYONE? Women dont want to post here because everyone will make general sterotypes like this.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Brie
Why don't women talk politics?

Maybe because we start threads like this. How do you know that there are a lack of women in the P+N forum? Have you asked EVERYONE? Women dont want to post here because everyone will make general sterotypes like this.

I was talking mainly about these forums and the women here...Perhaps I was generalizing about everywhere.. But I really don't care since in my experiance (a mom, two sisters, 32 years, married 9 years) it is the case. You know sorta like white men can't sing soul. Sure there is a Micheal McDonald every so often but usually not...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Women generally do not talk politics as men understand the concept (nationalism, parties, etc.) You need ears, not to survey every female in the US to know that. They are more likely to do "politics" of friends and family, and a lot of this goes on as subtext in female conversation.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Zeeeeeb -

You know sorta like white men can't sing soul. Sure there is a Micheal McDonald every so often but usually not...

and there are a lot more Ronald McDonalds before you do finally find a Micheal . .

Another thing - Women do talk Politics . . . as only women can.
You're out to dinner, or at a show and one says "I've got to go to the ladies room"
The room empties of women, and the guys just sit there looking around at each other, bewildered - Womens Politics.

Whatever discussion as to their involvement in activist politics are set aside,
what guys would suspect the complicity of their actions in a restroom.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
Ever listen to a woman? How could they possibly talk Politics when they spend their time giving a second by second replay on their day? ;)

(apologies to the ladies :( :) )

You know, I got up this morning and was thinking I'd just go start cleaning the house because I couldn't stand it any more. Then after working all day and being so worn out I just had to sit down for a moment, started surfing AT. Off to do the shopping!

Sorry, just had to do that! :D

Seriously, I just get tired of arguing with people here most of the time. Basically, if your a conservative republican you don't have any opinion here.
But, I do venture here to see what you guys are fighting about from time to time. :)