Why does Trump get so exercised over black athletes peacefully protesting vs white nationalists?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So white nationalists invade Charlottesville kill someone and Trump says almost nothing about them. He even said some of them were "fine people". Then in a written statement he finally disavowed white supremacists. Then a few days later disavowed the written statement. It isn't the first time he failed to immediately and unequivocally denounce Nazis or white nationalists. I wont rehash that list again.

Trump and many here voice their grave concern of the right of Nazis to have their free speech. So many warn us we need to stop interfering in white nationalists 1st amendment rights.

Now, juxtapose that to NFL black athletes peacefully protesting injustice in this country by kneeling during the National Anthem. Trump goes on a tirade calls Colin Kapernick a "son of a bitch" and demanded the NFL commit mass firings over this.
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-del...lin-kaepernick-a-son-of-a-bitch-f6d6298516ad/

Trump also went on a tirade because Steph Curry dare opined if he was going to the White House. Curry said the following
"By acting and not going, hopefully that will inspire some change when it comes to what we tolerate in this country and what is accepted and what we turn a blind eye to," Curry said Friday at the Warriors' media day. "It's not just the act of not going. There are things you have to do on the back end to actually push that message into motion."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...h-curry-white-house-visit-20170923-story.html

My question is we can clearly see what gets Trump worked up. Why when is comes to renouncing racism or white supremacists does it take 5 days and 3 staff meetings? Then he reads the statement in such a bland way it sounds like a hostage tape. But the Nazis? His first instinct is they are "fine people"

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
there are many sides to blame... </s>

i seriously hope that everyone who voted for trump comes to realize what an embarrassment he is to our country. just when you think he can't do something more stupid, he proves you wrong. somehow it's almost 1 year in and we're all still here, so i guess i all hope is not lost yet.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Because 59% of the white male population identify their small penises with the presidents hands? I am all out of reasons as to and why Trump does anything idiotic og bigoted I think he was born that way, the wrong way that is.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
There's really two options:

1) He's pandering to his base. Trump's emotionally a toddler who only reacts to praise and criticism, so he just does what gets him the praise he wants. His base doesn't hate Nazis but does hate uppity black people, so he ignores the Nazis and shouts about the black guy.

2) The guy whose dad was hit with discrimination lawsuits and who fired a black accountant because he was black might just be rascist.

Nov 8, 2012
7714e57316c8da3f42fda9e5436641287ba52a6e18e7c84aa198f49a13afe90c.jpg

OWR88

Oct 27, 2013
But Hillary is coming to our houses to take our guns away.

Oh Pelosi, Benghazi and emails.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
So Stephen Curry indicated he would not go to the White House so now the Cheeto is withdrawing the invitation. :rolleyes:
http://mashable.com/2017/09/23/trump-tweets-steph-curry-warriors-white-house/#vEiIxRLzHiqK

It's trump saying, you can't quit, i am firing you.

Remember the business councils that has the folks quitting?
Before they all quit, trump disbanded the council.

LBJ calls him a bum
https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-calls-president-trump-161443189.html

Chris Paul @CP3
With everything that's going on in our country, why are YOU focused on who's kneeling and visiting the White House??? #StayInYoLane

Chris Paul @CP3
And I doubt he's man enough to call any of those players a son of a bitch to their face...

^^^That's a fact.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Guys, I don’t want to shock anyone, but it might be because Trump is a racist.

I’m coming to this determination mostly on a hunch, combined with 70 years of evidence of extreme racism.

Reactions: Homerboy

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
I honestly think this whole athlete thing is because Trump still considers himself a "great athlete" and Trump is not able to consider that a brown person could ever be like himself in any way. So he is very upset that there are so many coloreds there are in the pitch these days and he probably would've been complaining about Tiger woods if he wasn't such a washed up drug addict.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I'm just imaging how it's going at the White House.

"How did the President's speech go?"
"Well, there's good news and bad news."
"What's the good news?"
"As you know, we have a list of things the President has said and done that we're trying to divert public attention away from. And his attack on football last night succeeded in diverting public attention away from all the items on the list."
"What's the bad news?"
"We now have to add last night's speech to the list".

Nov 25, 2013
1) whistle at his fan base
2) distracting from Russia/health care/general inability to get anything meaningful passed through Congress/being a piss poor President in general/etc.
3) repeat repeat repeat

Last edited:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The sad thing is he, like so many others, can't even grasp the simple fact that not actively respecting something and disrespecting something are not the same thing.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I honestly think this whole athlete thing is because Trump...

Trump is using the Bannon playbook and wants the media talking 24/7 about race while Congress works to eliminate healthcare, while he engages North Korea in a pissing contest, among other things. Trump would love nothing more than for you to talk about Trump. After all, that is precisely how the media got him elected in the first place.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
Trump is using the Bannon playbook and wants the media talking 24/7 about race while Congress works to eliminate healthcare, while he engages North Korea in a pissing contest, among other things. Trump would love nothing more than for you to talk about Trump. After all, that is precisely how the media got him elected in the first place.
Ha, nah, Trump's too stupid. I mean, look, their latest healthcare push is already dead in the water. What's there to distract from?