why does GoG say that paying via paypal is 'not currently available'?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Was gonna buy something in GoG sale, but it won't let me select paypal as a payment mode. is this just me?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Rats - missed the sale now! Can't figure out why it's happening - paypal works elsewhere, just not on GoG.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Just tried and my payment went all the way to the processing window before I backed out, so it seems to be working on my end as well. Maybe they are blocking GoG due to some sort of blacklist error? I know when I had a paypal transaction reversed after buying on Ebay and the seller never delivered, it wouldn't let me buy anything on Ebay until I contacted them.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
d'oh!

Finally figured out it's because of script-blocking. Had to re-enable various obscurely-named scripts till paypal became available as an option again (the scripts with paypal in their name were not sufficient!)

Reactions: Ranulf

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
If I'm trying to order something online, I generally just disable my script blocker because I've ran into issues in the past where the payment was taken out of my account, but never submitted. It was just in limbo and was a pain in the ass since I had to physically go to my bank and request a transaction reversal.