Why does everyone on Digg support Obama?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: rockyct
Originally posted by: yamadakun
Because the Ron Paul wagon renamed itself the Obama wagon.

All of my Ron Paul supporting friends grudgingly switched to McCain.

as they should.

As they should.. :roll:

Enjoy your 100 years in Iraq if this diluted geezer wins, a black hole for everything America has worked for except those who hold defense contracts.

better than Obama's proposed tax rates

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: aplefka
Because you touch yourself at night.

enjoy your 2 week ban

Pretty much, although I don't see what the big deal is with the phrase in general. There are 50+ other risky lines you could quote from Family Guy (which is where this one came from) and the mods wouldn't give it a second thought. It's probably the most epic answer you could give to any stupid 'why?' question someone asks as well.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: noto12ious
i don't believe everything the government says, no matter how pretty they say it. hence i don't trust obama as far as i can throw him.

this coming from the "sheep" that parrots everything the government has said since and about 9/11. no wonder he knocks those who actually have a shot at changing the country.

This coming from the guy who parrots anything presented on the internet in a flash-movie format - Loose Change, UFOs, Fake moon landings, secret shadow government conspiracies - if it's on YouTube, it must be true and I must proselytize about it! :laugh:

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
i don't believe everything the government says, no matter how pretty they say it. hence i don't trust obama as far as i can throw him.

this coming from the "sheep" that parrots everything the government has said since and about 9/11. no wonder he knocks those who actually have a shot at changing the country.

This coming from the guy who parrots anything presented on the internet in a flash-movie format - Loose Change, UFOs, Fake moon landings, secret shadow government conspiracies - if it's on YouTube, it must be true and I must proselytize about it! :laugh:

see sig. sorry for destroying the jfk coverup :thumbsup:

waiting for you to throw more insults in order to avoid facing the truth :)

oh, and enjoy your crow :)

Apr 17, 2005
bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!bush!cheney!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

as they should.

Enjoy your 100 years in Iraq if this diluted geezer wins, a black hole for everything America has worked for except those who hold defense contracts.

reality. america broke iraq.
you do not run from this and pretend you are a moral nation.
you do not blame bush and then pretend your hands are clean then close your eyes.
you do not get to turn your head because obama can say pretty words that feel good but mean very little. you are liable for what happens in a country if you break it then pull out. you do not get to look away.

the fantasy land obama whores live in is fundamentally morally bankrupt.

if a little spine means we get out of there faster because the ones left in iraq that support us see theres reliability in their relationship with us, then fine. who would work honestly with a partner that is shouting about abandoning them anyways? think:p you think people are dying now? leave a mess and we'll have to send more in later:p

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

yea ur "credibility" really is boosted by your 9/11 jfk landing conspiracy nonsense:p lol....
now i remember why ur mad at me. i dont believe ur 9/11 bunk lol
guess ur voting obama:p

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005

as they should.

you do not blame bush and then pretend your hands are clean then close your eyes.
you do not get to turn your head because obama can say pretty words that feel good but mean very little. you are liable for what happens in a country if you break it then pull out. you do not get to look away.

if a little spine means we get out of there faster because the ones left in iraq that support us see theres reliability in their relationship with us, then fine. who would work honestly with a partner that is shouting about abandoning them anyways? think:p you think people are dying now? leave a mess and we'll have to send more in later:p

But why? Why do US Americans have to be the watchdogs? We're on a completely opposite side of the world and think we know what is best for countries who may be behind technologically, but have been around since.. well.. they don't call it the cradle of civilization because they were late to the party. We keep treating Iraq like it's our dim-witted half-sister who needs constant supervision. That's fine, maybe they do, but that should be a UN decision and undertaking, not a USA one.

I'm not big fan of Obama either, but I am a fan of keeping families out of our office, which is not a monarchy by the way, so enough of these fucking Bushes trying to become president. From Prescott to George Sr. to George Jr. to Jeb in due time, Prescott didn't make it in but he sure did try using those Nazi funds of his. And hey, I liked Bill when he was Pres, but he must have learned a lot in 8 years as any president would, Hilary would be going in knowing where so many bodies are buried and how to skirt the system with the greatest of ease. Just look at Bush Jr., you think someone like him is smart enough to get by with illegal wiretaps, illegal torturing, and pre-emptive pardoning of himself for any of these crimes because he went to an Ivy League school?? Ha. I don't want to be spineless but I didn't want war in the first place, this screamed Vietnam from the beginning to me.

All I'm saying is it's not our mess to clean up, and we're not getting out of there anytime soon if we keep sending more troops in, just watch,

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002

as they should.

But why? Why do US Americans have to be the watchdogs? We're on a completely opposite side of the world and think we know what is best for countries who may be behind technologically, but have been around since.. well.. they don't call it the cradle of civilization because they were late to the party. We keep treating Iraq like it's our dim-witted half-sister who needs constant supervision. That's fine, maybe they do, but that should be a UN decision and undertaking, not a USA one.

I'm not big fan of Obama either, but I am a fan of keeping families out of our office, which is not a monarchy by the way, so enough of these fucking Bushes trying to become president. From Prescott to George Sr. to George Jr. to Jeb in due time, Prescott didn't make it in but he sure did try using those Nazi funds of his. And hey, I liked Bill when he was Pres, but he must have learned a lot in 8 years as any president would, Hilary would be going in knowing where so many bodies are buried and how to skirt the system with the greatest of ease. Just look at Bush Jr., you think someone like him is smart enough to get by with illegal wiretaps, illegal torturing, and pre-emptive pardoning of himself for any of these crimes because he went to an Ivy League school?? Ha. I don't want to be spineless but I didn't want war in the first place, this screamed Vietnam from the beginning to me.

All I'm saying is it's not our mess to clean up, and we're not getting out of there anytime soon if we keep sending more troops in, just watch,

we don't have to be the watchdog. but in this case we are involved in a way that is undeniable. we can easily close our eyes to things like sudan as we have no boots on the ground, and much of the world does indeed while pretending to be morally superior to us. but we broke iraq. theres no question about that. pretending the un is competent or equipped for such a task is just a fantasy really. and a fantasy that is only for absolving your responsibility is well... irresponsible:p

as for keeping families out of office, i'm not sure thats really a rational reason for voting or not voting for someone. the wife of a former president is hardly equivalent to a corrupt aristocracy of unbroken power like that of monarchies. its frankly an argument that really is meaningless. bush is a son of a president and has done bad things. so all families with power do bad things? did nixon have a father that was president? a bad president is a bad president. who their family is frankly irrelevant. by that reasoning you would have had to have voted against Robert F Kennedy if he had lived.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex

enjoy your 2 week ban

Pretty much, although I don't see what the big deal is with the phrase in general. There are 50+ other risky lines you could quote from Family Guy (which is where this one came from) and the mods wouldn't give it a second thought. It's probably the most epic answer you could give to any stupid 'why?' question someone asks as well.

I don't get why this is a bannable offense.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001

as they should.

I don't like McCain but I also don't like how his "100 years in Iraq" comment has been twisted. McCain was talking about the kind of presence we currently have in countries like Japan and Germany where we have bases and personnel with an ally who was a former adversary. I frankly find nothing wrong with that comment from McCain.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001

yea ur "credibility" really is boosted by your 9/11 jfk landing conspiracy nonsense:p lol....
now i remember why ur mad at me. i dont believe ur 9/11 bunk lol
guess ur voting obama:p

oh look, you aren't able to counter the jfk link in my sig that destroys the cover-up. surprise surprise.

continue spewing stereotypes, chickenshit :thumbsup:

edit: btw, how does that crow taste? :p

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

damn! I came here to post this :p

EDIT: this is bannable? what's with all the cursing and stuff being allowed, and something like this being an issue? Did Prudence Goodwife take over Mod duties?

furthermore...Who let the P&Ners out of their cage?

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005

You prove your immense stupidity in every post (as if your sig didn't give it away)

mcmilljb

Platinum Member
May 17, 2005
Originally posted by: wiredspider
Obama appeals to the youngins and the youngins know how to use digg?

Therefore Obama appeals to digg!

Only thing I like about Obama is he's the first black lawmaker to actually care about people other than black people. Cut this race crap and talk about real issues! Like education...

"When I stick this army guy with the sharp bayonette up my nose, it tickles my brain. Ha ha ha... ow. Oh, now I don't know math." Chris Griffin

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Because the young folks who visit Digg are naive enough to believe in Obama's "Change We Can Believe In" shtick.

I'm sure that they'll figure out how the political process REALLY works in a few years. Until then, I hope that they enjoy having faith in our government while they still can!

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

You prove your immense stupidity in every post (as if your sig didn't give it away)

you prove your ignorance in every post.

++ignorance since you aren't able to refute the jfk link in my sig that destroys the government's lies. :laugh:

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
obama whores are an obnoxious bunch is why.

Word.

Besides being obnoxious they just don't know any better and that is disturbing.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Babbles
obama whores are an obnoxious bunch is why.

Word.

Besides being obnoxious they just don't know any better and that is disturbing.

Well, at least voter turnout with younger people is the highest it's been in a very long time. Maybe high voter turnout isn't quite such a good thing. ;)

(For the record I'm 24 and voted for Obama. The last thing we need is another Clinton in office for the next four years.)

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

Watch it now. You too might start getting PMs detailing how you've been :"owned" by his superior knowledge of the truth. :laugh: