Why do you plan to vote (or not vote)?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
We are so evenly divided now that several recent elections have been decided by only a few votes.
If you do not vote, and your guy loses by one vote, that is the pisser you have to live with.
Can you imagine a turnout of 90%, 95% of registered voters?
How that would change things?

I still believe voting should be mandatory and one could be fined if they have not voted.
Just like with not having car insurance.
But that's only my commie liberal viewpoint.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
For the first time I plan to vote in a long time because the hubris combined with convicted ignorance leads me to think that until parties can think rationally beyond political concerns that they are best neutered by their opposition. Since Democrats are now in power it's time to roll that back a bit.

Considering how effective the Repub blockade of the Dem agenda has been, I think it reasonable to say that the Repubs are actually in power. ;)

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Called you out on your flaky 'nu-uhs' and then you go off to your usual 'wha, wha ah do?' Or, in this particular reply, you are baiting me to get you into your 'wha, wha ah do?' routine.

Nothing new here, but, I'm already at the end of our usual "exchange". Since I knew where this would end up, the fault is mine - I bothered responding to your post to begin with.

I wish you all the best - you need it.

:)

You haven't called anyone out, all you've done is prove what a nut case you really are.

How are you going to back up your claim of ousting people when you will vote to keep the same people in office in NYC/NY State? You will have no input anywhere else in the US but no doubt you'll probably re-elect Charles Rangel.

I plan to vote, to oust those who have placed the above over their faces and claim to believe the same - they do not - they have hijacked the ideas of freedom, respect and tolerance and draped them over their oppressive, disrepsective and intolerant ideals & goals.