why do they make some volleyballs so hard?

Gand1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 1999
Wait wait...this is the closet thing to a pic of mosh!!! I say post em in the pic member thread! :)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I think you brused your left breast. Please post a pic so we can make sure.

:) Actually- the leather they make them out of softens with use. New balls are a b*tch to hit.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Gand1
Wait wait...this is the closet thing to a pic of mosh!!! I say post em in the pic member thread! :)

I think you posted a pic of everything but your head once, right mosh? or was that someone else?

you know, if you keep this up, we might be able to compile a pic of you by your individual body parts, lol.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex

I think you posted a pic of everything but your head once, right mosh? or was that someone else?

you know, if you keep this up, we might be able to compile a pic of you by your individual body parts, lol.

Her head.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i've always hated that sport.
hitting a hard ball with the softer part of your hand/arm always seemed stupid to me.

montypythizzle

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat

Her head.

Oh ok.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

i think i've posted every part individually somewhere.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
hitting a hard ball with the softer part of your hand/arm always seemed stupid to me.
oh i love it. i could play all day. not all the vballs are that toll taking on my arms. this one was exceptionally hard. towards the end i started wincing if i had to receive a serve. :(

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Hehe.. I got into playing Wallyball before playing Volleyball. I about broke my hand trying to spike the first time in volleyball!

Wallyball is played with a spongy blue kickball-like ball. It's basically Volleyball in a raquetball court, where you can use the wall. It's fast and violent! :)

Comparatively speaking, Volleyballs are MUCH harder. I've had those bruises!

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001
I played a lot when I was in college (6/7 days a week for school) and never bruised like that. Were you playing indoor or sand?
What brand ball was it?

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Uppsala9496
I played a lot when I was in college (6/7 days a week for school) and never bruised like that. Were you playing indoor or sand?
What brand ball was it?
outdoor. didn't catch the brand, but they had salvaged it from a HS girl's volleyball team so it was school approved.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
I play volleyball and my arms have never bruised like that. You probably got stuck with an over inflated ball and those can get quite painful.

Make sure you don't hit with the bone, but rather the fleshy part. Bone hits = pain.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo

lol, if your arms/hand hurt the most after the game, you are not playing right.

Just so you know I played it for like 10 years. Worst times are the winter morning games (about 10C). I burst my veins on my thumb every time. No, the game does not stop because of that.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Either crappy ball or you bruise easily. I've played highly competitive volleyball (college) and never been bruised like that.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
Either crappy ball or you bruise easily. I've played highly competitive volleyball (college) and never been bruised like that.

Well you clearly have more experience slapping balls.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero
Originally posted by: TallBill

Well you clearly have more experience slapping balls.
And having balls fly at his face.
</clueless reference>