Why do these people have a lock next to their AIM name?

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Why do these people have a lock next to their AIM name? & how do I get one? :)

EDIT: Google rulez!!

The lock you see next to some people's screen names is just a symbol telling you that that person has an digitally signed encryption certificate. If two people have the certificate, they AIM can encrypt chats, IMs, and file transfers. If you want the lock, go to https://digitalid.verisign.com/client/class1MS.htm and sign up for a free 60-day certificate. Follow the instructions and download the file. Then, in AIM, go to My AIM-> Edit Options-> Edit Preferences. Go all the way to the bottom on the menu on the left and click Security. Click "Advanced..." and then click "Import...". Select PFX files from files of type and browse to your certificate that you downloaded. Double click it and set a password, then click OK. Then type the password you set at the website and click OK. Then, click close, and hit OK and you should have your lock.

Chiboy

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Evadman
A Mod will be my shortly to add one.

What the heck are you talking about? Why would the topic be locked? Pic of what i'm talking about here

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: DogFromDuckhunt
Originally posted by: illusion88
<waterworld>never seen that before</waterworld>
What a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE movie. May no one ever quote it again.

Ever.

<sandlot> FOR. EV. ER. FOR. EV. ER</sandlot>