Why Do So Many People Like The Boston Red Sox?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Because it would be a really sad day when people started rooting for teams based on how many WS titles they have.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: ucdbiendog
Originally posted by: BostonRedSox
Go back to reading your LOTR trilogy, and make sure you clean and put some fresh tape on your glasses.
rolleye.gif

Let's test your theory: Go to any bar/night club/dance club. I'll say I'm a Red Sox/Baseball fan, and you say you're a LOTR/Tolkien fan. We'll see how many women you get. I'm guessing..........NONE!

Yes, because it is a proven fact that women hate the LOTR trilogy, any guy who mentions he likes LOTR to a woman would not get said women. Hey, dude, ease up on your jock strap, i think its making you cranky.

EDIT: btw, put your penis away. we dont care how many women you get. that just makes you a man whore.

Hmmmm... I spent the last two Xmas holidays in the theater with my honey viewing LOTR movies.

People can say what they like about Boston,about the Sox fact is we love our baseball here in NE.

bipolarreject

Mar 1, 2004
The sox don't suck-they are the best real team-the yankees thrid baseman get injured so they get the best SS to take his place while they have one of the worst ss in the league-Derek does suck at shortstop-yankees suck even more-people like the redsox cause they have the biggest upsets-bill buckner, bucky "bleeping" Dent and aaron boone- along with a world series draught since 1918. so what if the cubs are since 1908

bipolarreject

Mar 1, 2004
The sox don't suck-they are the best real team-the yankees thrid baseman get injured so they get the best SS to take his place while they have one of the worst ss in the league-Derek does suck at shortstop-yankees suck even more-people like the redsox cause they have the biggest upsets-bill buckner, bucky "bleeping" Dent and aaron boone- along with a world series draught since 1918. so what if the cubs are since 1908

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: bipolarreject
The sox don't suck-they are the best real team-the yankees thrid baseman get injured so they get the best SS to take his place while they have <b>one of the worst ss in the league-Derek does suck at shortstop</b>-yankees suck even more-people like the redsox cause they have the biggest upsets-bill buckner, bucky "bleeping" Dent and aaron boone- along with a world series draught since 1918. so what if the cubs are since 1908

rolleye.gif

Ignorance

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: coldcut
I would choose Curt Schilling over Arod anyday.

For one season, yes. The Sox probably have one year to win this thing, and Schilling gives them a greater chance than Arod would. Not considering the possibility of injury, Arod probably has at least 10 more years of baseball in him.

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: BostonRedSox
Go back to reading your LOTR trilogy, and make sure you clean and put some fresh tape on your glasses.
rolleye.gif

I busted a gut reading that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That must have been catastrophic!

Hey Red Dawn, Eric Chavez's days are numbered. He'll look real good in a Red Sox uniform. PUAHAHAHAHAHA
Unlike you they'd be able to find one that fits him!

I know you are but what am I?????

:frown:

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is one of those questions that if you don't know, it won't be possible to explain to you because you are the type with a fairweather fan personality. So no sense in even trying to answer it.

As for Arod, I was upset when at first we didn't get him. But now, in retrospect, I couldn't see Nomar in any other uniform, he BELONGS here. And Manny's gunna be huge this season, everyone gives him crap but he's one of the best at the plate and he isn't THAT bad in the field... yes he makes stupid mistakes occasionally. But I think he's gunna have a big season, he's in CRAZY shape right now...

Manny's lookin good... GO SOX!

And for those of you spewing Red Sox hate.... try going to Royal Rooters and tell them how lame it is to root for the Sox...