Why do readers of technology related websites/blogs tend to be a bit liberal?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: bluestrobe
I keep up with Digg and it has been going in a downward spiral with "Ron Paul for President" and "Linux is uber beating M$ into bankruptcy" for a while now.

Funny... I thought that Digg was run by rabid Apple fanboys who worship every word, rumor, and product announcement his holiest Pope Jobs the first. :roll:

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Mucho
Technical people tends to be analytical and free thinkers whereas conservatives tends to follow a predetermine path. imho

Ditto. No one likes the status-quo more than a conservative. If it weren't for free-thinking liberals I dobut the internet would even exist today. I truly believe ultra-conservatives abhor any kind of cultural progression and change, which is quite sad.

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
Technical people tends to be analytical and free thinkers whereas conservatives tends to follow a predetermine path. imho

Ditto. No one likes the status-quo more than a conservative. If it weren't for free-thinking liberals I dobut the internet would even exist today. I truly believe ultra-conservatives abhor any kind of cultural progression and change, which is quite sad.

Do you dream in black and white?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
Republicans are out making money.

;)

You have a point. Liberals tend to whine about the laws and ills of society, while conservatives try to bend them to their will in order to benefit themselves.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Mainly because the age of people interested in technology are young. Therefore, liberal, think with their heart types. Basically not knowing or understanding the consequences of their decisions, nor caring.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001

Now that's not very free-thinking, now is it? Hippie!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: biggestmuff

Now that's not very free-thinking, now is it? Hippie!

What's even more ironic about RaistinZ's post is who actually invented/developed the internet and the reasons behind it.

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
People on these type of sites are more likely to be:

1) Above average intelligence
2) Young
3) In college or college educated

This group is much more likely to be leaning left of spectrum than the general demographics

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Scouzer
People on these type of sites are more likely to be:

1) Above average intelligence
2) Young
3) In college or college educated

This group is much more likely to be leaning left of spectrum than the general demographics

Slashdot maybe, but Digg?!? I've heard more rational and logical discussions in a middle school study hall.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
the fact that you even have to ask this question leads me to think that you probably need to read my sig.

bluestrobe

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2004
Originally posted by: spidey07
Mainly because the age of people interested in technology are young. Therefore, liberal, think with their heart types. Basically not knowing or understanding the consequences of their decisions, nor caring.

I agree. Most Liberals I know in person want change now but don't think about next year or decade and don't care.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Reason it out. Conservatives like the status quo. Tech is all about breaking the status quo.