why do ppl, after misspelling a word, go "#@#@ even" to correct it?

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
i think they think the person they are talking to is too stupid to realize that waht means what. what sucks is that i've seen so many ppl doing it that i do it on the odd occassion. bleh.

~erik

that's why i make sure if i'm chatting wherever i tell ppl i'm fluent in typo.

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Your thread title is what doesn't make sense, but I figured out what you're asking. It's like when people go:

USER: i think cats are intresting
USER: err, interesting even

You're right it doesn't make sense, but some people are just sticklers for spelling, myself included. It's like all those people here who correct grammatical errors in arguments all the time.

Feb 10, 2000
I remain totally confused by this thread and the phenomenon to which it refers.

I often edit my posts to correct typos, as I am fastidious about grammar and spelling (no doubt because both of my parents were English teachers when I was a child, which no doubt explains much of my various pathos).

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< Your thread title is what doesn't make sense, but I figured out what you're asking. It's like when people go:

USER: i think cats are intresting
USER: err, interesting even

You're right it doesn't make sense, but some people are just sticklers for spelling, myself included. It's like all those people here who correct grammatical errors in arguments all the time.
>>

I have never had one person do that in the 5 years years worth of chatting I've done...

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
I do that. Been doing it for years. Dunno why exactly, but it's the same thing I do when speaking if I f*ck up a word. Don't know that it's annoying enough to devot an entire thred to, but hey, whatever floats your goat.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
why do ppl, after misspelling a word, go "#@#@ even" to correct it?

What the HELL does this mean?

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001

<< why do ppl, after misspelling a word, go "#@#@ even" to correct it?

What the HELL does this mean?
>>

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
I use a similar method, ie.

"Definately been a long day"
"Ahem, 'Definitely...'"

I've never stopped to think if it was annoying or not. Mainly I do it because the mis-spelling annoys me, I know it doesn't bother the other person but I still prefer to correct it if I notice it.

Zenmervolt